Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day






 My morning didn't start until 9am. B fell asleep last night in her swing after eating around 9pm while Aaron and I watched a movie, Jack Reacher. I highly recommend it! I didn't like the ending though and ended up playing with my phone as it ended.. blah. The rest of it was pretty good though! We took B upstairs and laid her down, she stayed asleep the whole time, score!!  She only woke up at her usual time, 3am, to eat.. she didn't really even wake up, but she was getting restless and I caught it early enough so she wouldn't full wake up and dream fed her, she stayed asleep while eating pretty much and then passed out once we laid her back down. She stayed asleep until 9am this morning!!! Her facial expressions as I was talking to her were priceless. I thought she was pooping but she was just being goofy. She is definitely camera shy, she smiles constantly but as soon as I take out my phone to take pictures of her she stops and just stares! I think it may be my phone cover and all the colors I have on it.. haha. 


We hung out for awhile until we went to wake daddy up. I was finally able to catch a smile for a split second! We have been keeping her in just a diaper lately because of the heat, even with our AC going it still gets pretty hot upstairs at night. We don't want the AC to be constantly running so we keep it at about 74-75.. she is fine with a small, light blanket when she wears just a diaper to bed!


My list for "wants" for this day was small and simple, a Starbucks (delivered to me! hehe), a small breakfast of bacon and eggs, and some free time to get lesson plans finished, and the dishes done completely! :) I got my starbucks and of course, my dearest husband has to get me something, he would get me anything I would ever want, even if I don't ask for it!  I have been eyeing and saying I want a blender for awhile. I have a magic bullet but for some reason it has turned into a piece of crap, literally. I try  to make something and the ring that seals everything comes off and then gets chopped up into my smoothie!! Its annoying and a waste of food so I haven't used it in awhile. I have been wanting to try the green smoothies with kale and fruits but don't have a blender.. I also have a shake blend to help with weight loss and nutritional benefits that I want to make.. 
Well.. now I have one! Aaron remembered how much I wanted one and picked out a pretty nice one, too! Can't wait to try a smoothie after a trip to the grocery store. 

Most people expect flowers or shiny jewelry, but I have everything I could possibly need in my life.. my loving husband who understands me to the core and my beautiful baby girl who continues to amaze me each and every day!

B got up for awhile, ate, then fell asleep on me for a bit until I laid her down.. I love just looking at her tiny face and little baby lips. I got some work done and started the weekly laundry that gets done on the weekends.. Aaron had to jet off to work, as usual per the weekends lately. B is napping again and I am going to enjoy this Sunday.. we may go out and about but the heat is just difficult for B, she gets too hot staying in her carseat for too long and the stroller only protects her for so long!! I need to install a fan on that bad boy or something :) 




No comments: