Blogging has taken a backseat lately. I've been lazy, self conscious, and boring. I've also been soaking up moments in my life as much as possible!
The last 9 days I have been soaking in all the moments of my beautiful almost 14 month old daughter.
Here are a few things I have learned during Spring Break from not only her, but from a few other people and things...
1. I don't need 40 mom friends in my life... After leaving a group I was a part of for over a year and a half, I thought I was a little crazy. Turns out I was relieved because I found some true true people whom I call some of my best friends from the group, and let me tell you.. It's not 40 women that have very very different views than myself on almost every aspect of life. There's nothing wrong with that.. But it can get complicated, especially on social media, and very time consuming!
I have been blessed with a handful of ladies in my life who are absolutely wonderful and there for me when I need them! I was lucky enough to be able to spend a full day with Jillie, who happens to live only about 2 hours from my parents house. We met halfway and let our littles play together while we chatted away. It felt like we had known each other for years and I could have easily spent a whole week with her! Another friend of ours, Vanessa, lives in Cali and we are going to visit her in November for a long girls weekend after her 2nd baby is born! Let the countdown begin!! 


2. My daughter is growing SO fast! She is this tiny little adult who throws a fit when she doesn't get her way, loves to snuggle with mommy, can sit in a big girl chair all by herself, LOVES the movie Frozen - seriously, and who is an absolute dream traveler (she has her moments).


3. Brinnley is growing such a personality. I love it. She is very stubborn like her parents and is learning how to do so many things! I can't believe how quickly she picks up on things and all of her littler twirks she has!




4. My life is wonderful. I continue to read blogs and see what other people are doing on facebook - but I can honestly say that the life I have with Aaron and Brinnley is something I have always dreamed about. I couldn't imagine life without either one of them and each day brings a new memory. Our life isn't always perfect, but we are together and are learning and growing as a family, that's all I need!
5. I need this blog. I should use it more often - especially since I can't remember every little memory like I hope to and because I know there are people out there, like my mother, who want to keep up on what we are doing without having to have a long conversation about the new thing Brinnley learned that day!
6. Teachers have the best schedule ever. Are there very many jobs that give you time already scheduled off? My husband has to request time off and he will never get to travel around any sort of major holiday unless he finds a different type of job. Sorry grandparents and relatives, the Bauers stay put for Thanksgiving and Christmas.. Best come to us!
I work incredibly hard at my job an just because school ends at 3:05 each day, doesn't mean my job stops. And yes, summers are awesome to enjoy off... But in reality, I only get paid for those 9 1/2 months of the year that I work.. It just get stretched out all year long. I also don't get job security.. I sign a 1 year contract each year, I don't know if my job will be there next year.
I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world though. I'm not only helping my students, but my daughter sees me working and achieving so much of my dream.. I can only hope she is the same way when she is older and can follow her dreams.
Here's to hoping that these 10 days off from work have revived me and lifted me a little bit... I definitely needed the relaxation, the friendship time and the family time.
No comments:
Post a Comment