I have pushed myself to the point of exhaustion this week. After completing and using the FitnessBlender's new calendar feature on their website the last 2 weeks, I decided to push running into the back of my mind. I have started to focus more strength training with a a reasonable amount of cardio through HIIT workouts.
The fact that it is still freezing and it is dark so early, makes it hard to get outside for a run anyway.
In this fitness journey of mine I realized that I wanted to get stronger, not faster. In college, I was in great shape - that came a lot from running, but in more interval style than running for 5-8 miles every other day.
I did sprints and strength training and of course, soccer exercises. I was a size 6 jeans because my legs and butt were very large and muscular. My goal isn't to get back to that size, obviously, but after getting pregnant and putting on 60lbs and then losing that weight over the last 2 years, my muscle has depleted as well.
This week and last week, I focused on my arms and legs - I pushed myself so hard that I gave myself my rest day on Thursday and did a very intense leg workout on early Friday evening. Aaron was working late and so it was just Brinnley and I. After my workout I took a shower and then lounged the rest of the day. I could hardly stay awake to wait for Aaron to get home - and when he did, I got into bed while Brinnley and him played. She hadn't seen him ALL day so she always get super excited and wound up when he gets home on days like this. I didn't even realize how quickly I fell asleep while they were jumping around on the bed and chasing each other. I woke up this morning feeling a little bit refreshed but not ready to get a workout out in after my rough one the night before. After a quick trip to get a few things at the store, I returned home feeling so sore.
I was very light headed at the store and realized that I hadn't eaten hardly anything after my workout last night or even this morning. After coming home I put Brinnley down for her nap and ate some lunch. I also completed this new relaxing stretching workout from FitnessBlender. It helped to stretch out my sore muscles and calm me down after a pretty crazy week.
It reminded me that I need to consider the fact that I can't do it all in a short amount of time - I need to be OK and happy with doing it in small steps and to maintain my sanity and my health along the way.

The fact that it is still freezing and it is dark so early, makes it hard to get outside for a run anyway.
In this fitness journey of mine I realized that I wanted to get stronger, not faster. In college, I was in great shape - that came a lot from running, but in more interval style than running for 5-8 miles every other day.
I did sprints and strength training and of course, soccer exercises. I was a size 6 jeans because my legs and butt were very large and muscular. My goal isn't to get back to that size, obviously, but after getting pregnant and putting on 60lbs and then losing that weight over the last 2 years, my muscle has depleted as well.This week and last week, I focused on my arms and legs - I pushed myself so hard that I gave myself my rest day on Thursday and did a very intense leg workout on early Friday evening. Aaron was working late and so it was just Brinnley and I. After my workout I took a shower and then lounged the rest of the day. I could hardly stay awake to wait for Aaron to get home - and when he did, I got into bed while Brinnley and him played. She hadn't seen him ALL day so she always get super excited and wound up when he gets home on days like this. I didn't even realize how quickly I fell asleep while they were jumping around on the bed and chasing each other. I woke up this morning feeling a little bit refreshed but not ready to get a workout out in after my rough one the night before. After a quick trip to get a few things at the store, I returned home feeling so sore.
I was very light headed at the store and realized that I hadn't eaten hardly anything after my workout last night or even this morning. After coming home I put Brinnley down for her nap and ate some lunch. I also completed this new relaxing stretching workout from FitnessBlender. It helped to stretch out my sore muscles and calm me down after a pretty crazy week.
It reminded me that I need to consider the fact that I can't do it all in a short amount of time - I need to be OK and happy with doing it in small steps and to maintain my sanity and my health along the way.


No comments:
Post a Comment