I have been a stay at home mom now for about 7 weeks. Yes, 7 full weeks! Technically, with 2 girls, it's only been about 5 weeks but if you count the 2 weeks I was at home with just Brinnley while we waited for Holly -- those count, right? I only have 4 more weeks until I go back to work -- part of me is counting down but part of me will miss this time at home. I guess that's what happens when you absolutely love your career! But...
I tell ya, I don't know how moms do it! My wonderful neighbor, Emily, has twins (girl and boy) and is a full-time stay at home mom and has been since they were born. I seriously don't know how she does it!! She came to visit and snuggle with Holly and I was talking to her about it and I just praise her for taking care of her kids and still keeping her sanity, especially during these cold winter months! She gets very creative in what she does with her kiddos and they are just the most adorable little people ever.
With Holly being so small and it being so cold, it's harder for me to figure out what to do! This last week we have been on the go quite a bit with a few trips to Target (that is mostly for Brinnley and I) and Holly had a Dr. Appointment (see the next post about her 1 month stats!) and then we went into work for a professional development meeting. Thursday was pretty much the 1st day that we just really stayed low and did nothing during the day. It was hard, but much needed. Brinnley is getting so creative with her imagination that she plays and plays with her toys. She helps out with Holly quite a bit as well -- anytime she has a dirty diaper and it's bundled up and ready to go, she throws it in the trash! If Holly is in her swing and cries, I can count on Brinnley to go turn on the music for her or give her her binky or even come running to find me to "feed her" or "get her out". She actually tells me what to do with her baby sister! She loves her and constantly tells us that she "likes her" and gives her little "boops" on the nose like mommy does.

While at home, it has been the perfect time for visitors. My mom and sister were in town with us for about a week and unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of us while they were here! It was very chill and relaxing and grandma got lots of snuggles with Holly.
The following week I was home by myself with just the girls while Aaron worked. On that next Friday, my brother and his wife with their 6 month old son Maddox, along with my dad and his fiancee' came into town. It was fun to have all of the Solarek/Bauer cousins together -- we see the Bauer cousins together quite a bit, but this was the 1st time everyone was meeting since Holly came along!



They arrived fairly early in the morning and we all went (minus Aaron who was at work for a bit) to breakfast and then they went back to their hotel to check in and rest a bit before the evening. Once Aaron got off work we decided to have dinner and go bowling! We met at Wahooz Pinz and spent 2 hours bowling and eating some food! Brinnley had a blast after a little bit of a meltdown (she was hungry and tired.. not a good combo!). We bowled our hearts out and enjoyed each others company. Afterwards, we spent some time in the arcade and both Aaron and I won 500 tickets on 2 separate games so Brinnley was able to get a few toys (the biggest one being a Hello Kitty stuffed animal!). It was fun and a long evening. We said our goodbyes and planned on meeting them at their hotel in the morning to do some swimming!
Brinnley loves the water -- as long as it isn't too cold! We did realize the night before that she didn't have a swim suit that fit her anymore. So, thank you to Target for putting out swim suits in the middle of winter! Luckily though, because I needed a new top if I was going to join in.
Brinnley enjoyed splashing around and kicking her feet with her dad. I didn't stay in the water too long as it was actually cold for me, but I took that time to catch up with my dad who was sitting and watching Holly.
After swimming, we met for lunch and then went to the mall for a bit. Brinnley got spoiled as usual and then we all went to Red Robin for one last dinner. They had a super early flight the next morning so we weren't going to see them before they left. Brinnley and Maddox were the life of the dinner and we were there for almost 2 hours!
It was such a fun time and a blast to see the kiddos play together. Maddox attacked Brinnley like he was a member of the Walking Dead cast while they were both sitting on Julie's lap. It was hilarious and I caught it on video thankfully! We are planning a Vegas trip with all of them in June for my dad's wedding so we are counting down the days til we see them again! Everyone will be so big by that time...

















No comments:
Post a Comment