Saturday, January 7, 2017

New Year, Goals, and a birthday!

2016 was a whirlwind of many things. This year, will most likely be the same - but I have some hefty goals I would like to set as well as a 'bucket list' of some sort for the year.

Some of my goals are more personal and I would rather not share them - I am definitely not an over sharer when it comes to the world wide web, but some things I am ok with.

Goals
Make meals at least 4x a week
Take a family trip to Florida around Thanksgiving
Blog at least 1x a week
Pray daily
Work on Personal Progress at least 3x a week
Visit the Temple
Receive my endowments
Pay off some debt
Run another Half Marathon (April!)
Cut out soda and energy drinks (not completely, but become non dependent on them!)

I am hoping that these are 'simple' enough that they will not overwhelm me nor dissolve into the distance easily. The last one I think will be my most challenging - ever since I have stopped drinking coffee over a year and a half ago, my source of 'caffeine' has been from soda or energy drinks. Lately, it has become a bad habit, and an expensive one. Because of this, I have slotted a budget for these things for each month - I take out $40 cash, and that is my treat money for the month. I am unable to go out to each for lunch at work because, well, I have NO time and there is literally nothing for me to go and get except a gas station sandwich bar which again, I have no time to go and do! BUT, I do like to stop at the gas station on my way into work or during the specials which is first thing in the morning for a little pick me up - with this cash, that is what I can use it for. Sometimes I like to stop and get a quick breakfast even, but with the limit of only $40 - I think I can help curb my addiction to sugary drinks. I really don't need them! It will also help me focus on drinking more water.

This new year is already starting out challenging - the weather here has decided to dump over a foot of snow which has prohibited me from having school for 3 days! We were supposed to return to work on Wednesday but that is when we got the bulk of our snow. The city and surrounding areas are just not equipped to help fix the roads from it, and even more snow fell on Thursday, so we had another snow day. Because of all the snow - the roads have just been ridiculous and we had yet another snow day yesterday (Friday). Now, we will return to work on Monday after 2.5 weeks off and have a full week of school! That is, unless this next storm - yes, another one is coming SOON, as in a few hours they say, doesn't keep us home even longer. At this rate though, we will be going to school longer or have a shorter Spring Break or SOMETHING! Who knows.

This weather has also made it so we may not have Holly's 1st Birthday party! We have to wait and see what it will be like soon.
It's a good thing we already had dinner on her actual birthday! :)


No comments: