Saturday, December 14, 2013

Moments

Brinnley is such a daddy's girl. It's becoming more and more obvious each day. She lights up like crazy as soon as she sees him and she follows him around the house no matter what he is doing. 
I don't blame her. He is an amazing man and father. I can't stand to be away from him, even if it means sitting next to him while he plays his video games, I dot are as long as he is next to me. 
Now that Brinnley has become so mobile, she doesn't like to be held very often. She would rather move around herself or play with anything in sight. It doesn't leave a lot of time for mommy and Brinnley. 
Luckily, and yes, I think it is lucky, my daughter likes to be held when she falls asleep. She has always been like this and I don't think it is a habit of any kind... We did the sleep training where we put her down awake and she took to it just fine, hardly took her any time to get used to that, it's just mommy and daddy who didn't like it. That time, is mommy and Brinnley time. 
We lay with each other on our bed while she drinks her bedtime bottle. She stares at me, points, reaches for my face and we just lay sometimes in silence or sometimes I talk to her. But as soon as she is done she reaches for me with her droopy tired eyes and when I lift her onto my chest she nestles her face to get comfortable. It used to take her awhile to fall asleep and sometimes I would get so aggravated by the length I was laying there. I soon learned to cherish this time with her and rock her, hold her, rub her smooth chunky legs and kids her like there's no tomorrow. Now a days it doesn't take her very long to drift off to dreamland, but I still continue to hold her, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for 20 minutes. Nothing is more important than that moment. That moment is something I will cherish forever. I know she won't stay this way forever and I know that other people think I am crazy for holding her until she falls asleep each and every single night, but she is only this age for one day. Then the next day, and the next. She won't want to be held at bedtime eventually and I will just have my moments that I have engraved and cherished in my memory. 

That is my moment. 

No comments: