I realize I am horrible at blogging. But when I work until 1pm and get home and BOTH my husband AND my daughter are home, I can't help but spend all my time with them and not at my computer! And then, when Brinnley DOES decide to go to bed - I am ready for the couch and my hubby! The other day, on the 19th of June, our little Brinnley Marie turned 16 months young. She is such a blessing to us and the love we have continues to grow as she shines. She has such the personality!She loves to climb things, absolutely loves it. She also recently learned how to get off the couch AND our bed by turning onto her belly and sliding backwards. She loves to do this too, over and over and over again! We always praise her for doing something so "big girl" like with yelling YAY and GOOD JOB. She then gives herself a big clap and smile and continues on her way. The step at grandpa's house is a hit as well. She can STEP up onto things while we hold her hand but she hasn't gotten the whole balance thing down to do it on her own, but she's close! 
She also likes to HOG the drinks! Anything with a straw and she is all over it!

We also have been going to the park a lot more often - last weekend we went out to the Emmett Cherry Festival and Brinnley got to go down a slide! She even did it ALL by herself! :) Again, she loves to do it over and over! Did I mention that she LOVES the swing also? Basically, this child loves to be outside playing, swimming, swinging, and eating!

Speaking of eating, Brinnley could basically live off of graham crackers! Every morning, if she is awake before I leave for work (which is about 3-4 times a week) then she gets half of a graham cracker in our bed (which she currently still sleeps in and will for the rest of her life if it were up to Aaron! ugh..) while she watches cartoons for about 30 minutes or so until Aaron wakes up! Each night, I regret getting into this habit because let's face it - a toddler eating a graham cracker is not without crumbs. Each night I sweep out the morning crumbs and then I ALWAYS find more when I get into bed. Hence why the sheets get washed every weekend and I vacuum like crazy!
She loves to be just like us, especially her daddy. BUT, she is completely a mama's girl. She comes to me before she goes to Aaron and I am the official put her to bed person, she will cry and cry like it's the end of the world if Aaron tries and I am home. If I am NOT home for some reason, she doesn't care and will go to bed just fine. She does break through every once in awhile and Aaron is always in heaven when she falls asleep on him. I blame him fully for the fact that she still sleeps in our bed about 90% of the time. I have been trying to break that habit but he stays up later than me and then brings her into our bed when he goes to sleep! Oh well.. we have a big enough bed! :)
Brinnley is such a happy baby - she is trying to grow up TOO fast though. She wants to walk everywhere and has a fit when she is put into the baby seat part of a shopping cart, she would rather be in the big part and then act like "Queen of the World" while she hangs on to the end and laughs at every person who walks by! She loves her milk and drinking from her sippy with one hand. She enjoys dipping her food into ketchup or fry sauce and sitting in a booster, some of the time. She prefers to stand up while eating but also loves to sit in her highchair and eat like a big girl.
Her personality is growing so quickly! She doesn't willingly talk to us unless we ask her to, she understands what things are and can say words like: trees, dog, cat, bubbles, mama, dad, Target and a handful more! When she is hungry she goes, "yum yum yum yum". She is loving things that she used to hate and vice versus. The little oinker pig that made her crack up at 6 months old while sitting on my mom - yeah, she hates it and is terrified of it!









No comments:
Post a Comment