My 5 day vacation was jammed packed - here's a little glimpse of what happened! I headed out to Portland/Seattle for 5 days all by myself!
It was soaked full with family, fun, friendships old and new, and a ton of amazing memories. I have been in a real funk lately and I was nervous about going on this trip for more reasons than none. The day before my trip really tested me mentally and emotionally and I didn't know if I would be able to leave home with everything that was going on for that long. I woke up Saturday morning and just knew I needed to go and trust that everything would work out and that everything was going to be ok.
I headed straight to see my friend Jami and once I arrived at her house, I just knew the night was all about her (it was her bachelorette party) but also about us and the friendship we have had for the last 6 years. I love that girl to the moon and back and am so thankful for her being there for me on a night that was really all about her. I don't know any other friend that would have spent time talking about me when she really should have been focusing on her night and her upcoming wedding. We spent much time talking and then headed to downtown Portland for her night. We stayed right in downtown in an amazing hotel. Her other friends were there and alas, the fun began. We spent much of the night having a great time and danced way into the night. I had nothing of the previous day on my mind and it was the perfect night. Jami and I woke up about the same time and took advantage of some time together again and enjoyed an amazing (and free!) breakfast before we headed out and I left for Seattle. Did I mention she was beautiful that night and deserved every second of attention she received?! :)


I am forever grateful for that night and a wonderful friend.
The next couple of days I spent away were in Seattle with my older brother, Charlie, and his wife, Julie. She has become a sister to me and I am so grateful that my brother married such a smart, beautiful and caring person. I love our time together and the long morning chats we have about everything in our lives. We are both teachers and I respect her opinion and views on so many things. She is completely amazing! We shopped, ate, drank, and enjoyed a Mariner's game while I was there!


I left their house early Wednesday morning to head back down to Portland for Jami's wedding. (Yes, she got married on a Wednesday!)
Prior to checking into my crap of a hotel (everything was booked for a Wednesday night.. seriously?!) I ventured to my old college stomping grounds and went on a run before meeting my old coach for lunch. They had just had their first practice of the season and he asked if I wanted to join for lunch. Of course I said yes, any excuse to reminisce about my old career.
Afterwards, I showered and got ready for the wedding. It was beautiful and although I misread the start time (I was 20 minutes late and missed the ceremony) I arrived just in time for the reception.
It was a complete blast. It was in an old barn with big doors open to feel the breeze. Jami has awesome friends that I met on Saturday and continued to meet on Wednesday. We spent the night dancing away, talking and getting to know each other. It was absolutely perfect and just what I needed to end my vacation getaway. I couldn't be happier for my friend and what is to come - she has been with her man for 8 years and they are finally husband and wife! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment