The time has come, back to school and it's been hectic. Rewind to my first week back at work - no students, just teachers preparing and in service days. We found a daycare literally signed Brinnley up the Friday before I went back to work? I looked and looked and finally found a place that 1. Is super flexible with our inevitable changing schedule despite requests to keep certain days regular 2. Is not religious is any sort - seriously there are a ton 3. Reasonable prices 4. Do not charge for days not there - again a ton do that if you don't keep your child in there consistently.
We are only having Brinnley go to daycare 2 times a week. It doesn't make sense to make her go full time when Aaron is home 2 days a week and Grandpa can watch her 1 day. I want her to be with her family as much as possible without over welcoming their help. The first day went great and then the 2nd day I noticed she and a ton of other kids at daycare had runny noses. And well, that night she spiked a fever and boom. Our weekend consisted of Tylenol, new teeth, and more snot than I ever imagined. Poor Brinnley was miserable and we were lucky enough that Aaron was home Friday and it was the weekend. Her fever only last 2 days thankfully, and the fact that she was pushing out 4 teeth at the same time only prolonged the runny nose and fussiness for a full week.
The unlucky part? I caught what she had just in time for the first day of school. I welcomed 23 3rd graders into my classroom while housing a sore throat, stuffy head, and cough that just wouldn't quit. Thankfully, I have a great group of kids and I even received quite a few Get Well cards from them. They are the sweetest.
I thought I was on the mend when Friday rolled around, but it was just worse. Thankfully, my mom came into town and she was such a big help - but what didn't help was the constant go go go that was happening which then lead to me not getting any better. Brinnley loved having Oma in town and she is enjoying the lot of toys that came with it - as are we! Brinnley is growing and learning new things all the time.
Thinking that my cold would go away since Brinnley was on the mend, I welcomed Monday morning with big expectations from my students and myself. I was ready for the 2nd week of school. Of course, it didn't go quite as planned.
Brinnley struggled with daycare on Tuesday. It had been a week since she was there and she was still teething quite a bit. She hasn't been napping very well there also - so that creates havoc at home when it's bedtime and she has had a late nap. I woke up with an extremely sore throat - so bad that it hurt to swallow anything at all. I tried medicine but obviously it wasn't the right kind. I didn't have a cold - it was a sore throat and fatigue. I partly blame the fact that I haven't been exercising lately at all and Brinnley's cold and that I just haven't been slowing down for my body to rest.
Brinnley didn't need to go to daycare on Thursday and thankfully we were able to switch her day to Friday. She did so much better and even got a decent nap in. They finally figured out something that works for her to nap and with the teachers there, I am so glad and excited to see her get better each time she is there. I was hesitant with how it was going, but am hoping for better now that she is adjusting a little bit.
Another thing to be thankful for? My mom came into town the first week of school. It included not only Oma time, but plenty of Starbucks and new things for Brinnley and myself.
I thought I was on the mend when Friday rolled around, but it was just worse. Thankfully, my mom came into town and she was such a big help - but what didn't help was the constant go go go that was happening which then lead to me not getting any better. Brinnley loved having Oma in town and she is enjoying the lot of toys that came with it - as are we! Brinnley is growing and learning new things all the time.
Thinking that my cold would go away since Brinnley was on the mend, I welcomed Monday morning with big expectations from my students and myself. I was ready for the 2nd week of school. Of course, it didn't go quite as planned.
Brinnley struggled with daycare on Tuesday. It had been a week since she was there and she was still teething quite a bit. She hasn't been napping very well there also - so that creates havoc at home when it's bedtime and she has had a late nap. I woke up with an extremely sore throat - so bad that it hurt to swallow anything at all. I tried medicine but obviously it wasn't the right kind. I didn't have a cold - it was a sore throat and fatigue. I partly blame the fact that I haven't been exercising lately at all and Brinnley's cold and that I just haven't been slowing down for my body to rest.
Brinnley didn't need to go to daycare on Thursday and thankfully we were able to switch her day to Friday. She did so much better and even got a decent nap in. They finally figured out something that works for her to nap and with the teachers there, I am so glad and excited to see her get better each time she is there. I was hesitant with how it was going, but am hoping for better now that she is adjusting a little bit.
Another thing to be thankful for? My mom came into town the first week of school. It included not only Oma time, but plenty of Starbucks and new things for Brinnley and myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment