I am getting my iMac laptop and mini iPad from work on Wednesday because of the Apple ConnectEd grant we got so I will be using that instead to get more blogging done... Hopefully!
Now I can really begin blogging maybe a bit more -- yesterday, I got my new MacBook Air and Mini iPad from work! That is a whole other blog post though for another day. Back to the topic at the beginning of the page...
Holly is now 11 days old. These last 11 days have been hard, fun, sad, exhausting, tiring, enthralling, and so many other adjectives. I have had my moments of getting frustrated -- I can admit that, especially at night when I am the sole person who can do anything for Holly because I am breastfeeding her -- we have given her formula at times but let's face it, I still need to get the milk out of my boobies so they don't hurt and she is the best way at night to do this. Plus, I don't really feel like pumping at night when she can just eat and then go back to sleep... most of the time.
We have been blessed with a wonderful group of people from our ward and they have brought dinners a few times, especially that first week we were back home from the hospital. I mentioned to a ward member that I was feeling good and even though Holly obviously doesn't sleep through the night and keeps me up, I still feel ok about it because I know that my obligations are limited the next day and even for the next 8 weeks. Yes, Brinnley is at home and I still have to go back to work after the said 8 weeks are up -- but as of right now, I am obligation free! I know a nap can happen the next day, I know there are people who are very willing to help me if I ask for it, and I know my husband will be more than willing to take Holly and let me sleep.
The said ward member told me that I had the new mom high.
I had never heard of it and maybe it's true -- maybe my new journey into motherhood had given me a sort of high energy but if it has, I gladly welcome it.
I feel so great after this c-section, it is night and day compared to when I had Brinnley. I'll talk more about it when I blog about Holly's birth story sometime soon but for now, I will take this new mom high and go forth with it while I can!
And just for good measure -- here are some recent pictures since this post was pretty boring!
Now I can really begin blogging maybe a bit more -- yesterday, I got my new MacBook Air and Mini iPad from work! That is a whole other blog post though for another day. Back to the topic at the beginning of the page...
Holly is now 11 days old. These last 11 days have been hard, fun, sad, exhausting, tiring, enthralling, and so many other adjectives. I have had my moments of getting frustrated -- I can admit that, especially at night when I am the sole person who can do anything for Holly because I am breastfeeding her -- we have given her formula at times but let's face it, I still need to get the milk out of my boobies so they don't hurt and she is the best way at night to do this. Plus, I don't really feel like pumping at night when she can just eat and then go back to sleep... most of the time.
We have been blessed with a wonderful group of people from our ward and they have brought dinners a few times, especially that first week we were back home from the hospital. I mentioned to a ward member that I was feeling good and even though Holly obviously doesn't sleep through the night and keeps me up, I still feel ok about it because I know that my obligations are limited the next day and even for the next 8 weeks. Yes, Brinnley is at home and I still have to go back to work after the said 8 weeks are up -- but as of right now, I am obligation free! I know a nap can happen the next day, I know there are people who are very willing to help me if I ask for it, and I know my husband will be more than willing to take Holly and let me sleep.
The said ward member told me that I had the new mom high.
I had never heard of it and maybe it's true -- maybe my new journey into motherhood had given me a sort of high energy but if it has, I gladly welcome it.
I feel so great after this c-section, it is night and day compared to when I had Brinnley. I'll talk more about it when I blog about Holly's birth story sometime soon but for now, I will take this new mom high and go forth with it while I can!
And just for good measure -- here are some recent pictures since this post was pretty boring!
No comments:
Post a Comment