So many times I see pictures, hear stories, read blogs and posts, and think to myself
man, I want to do that!
but in a way, I have done everything [so far] that I have wanted to do in my life, and it's all been with Aaron by my side.
Bruno Mars says it perfectly..
Aaron and I were discussing money the other day and how we are going to move in the next month or two to try and save up some money. I told him we need to try and save, save, save so we can do so much more stuff together. His reply: dear, we already do whatever we want, look at everything we do!
It's so true. Aaron and I enjoy things galore together each and every day. If we want to do something, we do it. We don't sit back, analyze the situation, and then save some money [unless it's a big trip, of course!] and then wait and wait to do something that we want to do. We do whatever we want and enjoy every second of it. It's just like the saying...
You work hard to play harder.
So, back to what I'm saying.
I struggle to not compare what Aaron and I have to what other people may have in their relationship. We have something that no one will ever be able to understand because it is special to us and only us. What starts to happen when you compare yourself to other people is you lose sight of what you have right in front of you and you neglect, abuse, and put down the wonderful things you do have because of what other people are doing with their lives! Why try to compare something that we have to those people who have something themselves so secret and special. Our life together is beautiful and will continue to be beautiful for ever ever after.
Ever Ever After
Storybook endings, fairy tales coming true
Deep down inside we want to believe they still do
In our secretest heart, it's our favourite part of the story
Let's just admit we all want to make it too
Ever ever after

No comments:
Post a Comment