Some reasons I probably won't ever live in the South (no offense mother...)
The bugs! When I get mosquito bites they are horrible and swell and typically last forever. And also, they show up days later in random annoying places. The inside/bottom of my foot?! Also, snakes.. fire ants???
The accents! There is nothing wrong with a good ole' Southern accent but every time I heard one I couldn't help but giggle! I think they are so cute but it would take some definite willpower not to laugh at complete strangers!

The country! Even though I am not much of a coffee drinker or a big shopper.. (sometimes!) I don't know if I would be able to stand not having a Starbucks or a mall within a short car ride. On Monday, my dear mother drove us to Tupelo which has the nearest mall and a Starbucks (even though the 'Starbucks' they had inside the Barnes and Noble offered us a pizza to start with and wouldn't accept my mom's Starbucks Gold Card) and it only took us about an hour to get there. Crazzzyy. The cool part, though?! We go to go the scenic route and took the Natchez Trace highway which is some famous drive!
Sanitation! It may not be everywhere, but for some reason all of the places that we stopped at had no toilet seat covers in the bathroom. It's not like they were out of them, they just didn't offer them! Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was really weird and annoying that I had to hover when using the bathroom. (Yeah, I know I could have put toilet paper down but I didn't feel like it, okay?!)
Oh well...
The bugs! When I get mosquito bites they are horrible and swell and typically last forever. And also, they show up days later in random annoying places. The inside/bottom of my foot?! Also, snakes.. fire ants???
The accents! There is nothing wrong with a good ole' Southern accent but every time I heard one I couldn't help but giggle! I think they are so cute but it would take some definite willpower not to laugh at complete strangers!
Sanitation! It may not be everywhere, but for some reason all of the places that we stopped at had no toilet seat covers in the bathroom. It's not like they were out of them, they just didn't offer them! Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was really weird and annoying that I had to hover when using the bathroom. (Yeah, I know I could have put toilet paper down but I didn't feel like it, okay?!)
Oh well...
No comments:
Post a Comment