Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Big Changes


Aaron and I decided to move in with his friend who owns a house until hopefully we get 'out from under' the houses we currently both own... that's a whole other story though. He has a huge house that he has renovated and a huge room with a bathroom for us to have all to ourselves. It was a huge decision that I have gone back and forth with for many reasons... one of the best benefits of doing this is we don't have a lease/contract we have to sign, we don't have to put down a deposit, and well it's a house not an apartment. It's a big thing for us and I went back and forth on how I'm feeling about it - I have never done well living with other people (besides a spouse) and anyone who knew me in college would understand why.. well, the more I think about it the more it was really because of a boyfriend at the time but that's besides the point.
We knew it was time to move and we looked at many places and weighed our options and decided that his friends' house would be the best fit. It is in a great subdivision and location about 10 minutes from where we were and really close but not too close to the freeway. Once I start my student teaching in Middleton in about 3 weeks (holy smokes, that's soon!!) it will just be a hop onto the freeway and on my way back from teaching I will be able to stop in to work for a few hours to keep my benefits, time, pay, etc. I have had many people look at me with up turned noses when I have mentioned where/who we are living with now and they have voiced their opinions and honestly I want to say that if Aaron and I can get through what we already have been through together, this will be a walk in the park (so to speak..) and I'm excited for this next adventure in our lives together! We love to try new things together and this will just be another notch for us to mark off!
This is just going to be another time in our lives together that we can look back on and say,

 we did that - together.