Brinnley has been such a good baby girl! She hardly cries and loves being with her daddy after he gets home from being gone at work all day.
It's hard to believe that she will be a month old in just a few days.
On Monday I am going back to work - it's a 4 day work week and I have parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday so it's important that I go back. Luckily, after 4 days of work I have 10 days off with my baby girl because of Spring Break!! So, it's worth the 4 days of work.. and Aaron has 2 of those days off so he will get some quality time with miss Brinnley. I know he is excited to spend all day with her, he loves just holding her and sleeping with her laying on him. She loves it, too! I think it's because he is a human heater and he has such a big area for her to lay on his chest! She can lay on my chest and does every so often, but I don't think she has as much room.. especially with her growing like a weed!

I stopped breastfeeding when she was about 2 weeks old - emotionally it was very difficult and I was uncomfortable and other reasons as well. Brinnley has been taking formula like a champ though and she loves eating! She likes to put her hands up by her face and even tries to grab the bottle while she eats. She even held it up on her own (granted, there was only about 1/2 an oz. left but she still did it!). I can't wait for her to get stronger and be able to do so much more! She tends to stay awake more often as well - sometimes she will eat and then pass out right away but other times she likes to stay awake with her big blue eyes and stare at whatever she can! She really likes watching The Office with me most days as well :) She loves to sleep on her belly and she has been sleeping in her co-sleeper in our bed lately. Last night after she fell asleep we put her in her pack n' play newborn cradle to start the night off so Aaron and I could actually lay next to each other, cuddle, and watch a movie together! It was so nice and much needed - we are together all the time when he is home, but Brinnley is the main focus.
I have to admit I have been a little hormonal and grumpy at times and Aaron has been nothing but understanding. He is such an amazing husband and daddy! <3
She is started to get more personality in her as well - I can't wait for her to smile, coo, laugh, and just interact with us more! I have to keep up with filing her nails down because they grow so fast - she likes to grab things and my neck seems to be her favorite place and those little fingernails are sharp!!
We spend a lot of our time inside hanging out - now that the weather is warming up we will be going for walks and watching Daddy play his disc golf more :) I am a little nervous about going out with just her and myself and have slowly started to do it more this last week. I am getting down the routine of everything also - she will be hanging out with Grandpa a bit next week so hopefully she adjusts well to that. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment