Friday, March 22, 2013

Working Mama

I decided to go back to work at almost exactly 4 weeks post partum (post baby and surgery!). It was only a 4 day school week, there was parent teacher conferences, and I felt like my students needed me to come back from the reports I was receiving about my sub in my classroom. Luckily, Aaron had Tuesday and Wednesday off so the in-laws only had to watch Brinnley for a few hours on Monday and then most of the day on Thursday.
I did just fine on Monday and Tuesday - it was an adjustment having to set an alarm, but thankfully I have an amazing husband and he took care of Brinnley and her feedings most of the week so I was able to try and sleep through the night. It didn't work - I still got up a few times and when she woke up, I was woken up. Wednesday I was at school from 7:15am-8pm because of conferences.. It was rough. Then I went to the in-laws where Aaron brought Brinnley over to watch a basketball game - of course, she was sleeping and I wasn't able to hold her. Then, we needed to go to the store to buy formula since we didn't have any left, at all. So it ended up being a late night for all of us.

When I woke up on Thursday, this is what happened.

2 mugs. Both full of coffee. The first one was gone before school even started. The second one only last about an hour after that. I was exhausted! I got home last night and didn't get to hold my lil miss until late, again! Once we got home I held onto her like crazy! 


No comments: