Sunday, April 14, 2013

Time Managament

After having Brinnley I have learned how to prioritize my time. Especially when my job requires me to work outside the classroom. Most of my planning happens after school and on the weekends. During the week I refuse to bring work home, those precious few hours I have once I get home are for my daughter and my husband. I bring work home "just in case" Brinnley naps early or Aaron is going to be at work and Brinnley goes down to sleep early, but I don't count on it.

Even if I do get a few minutes here or there, I have other things to do! Wash bottles, laundry, pick up the house here and there. I try to save the big cleaning binge until the weekends though while Brinnley is napping. But since she is getting older, sometimes her naps are in predictable! So when she does go down I have to make sure to manage my time to do things... No more napping while she naps! Lesson planning gets priority most days until I have the next week completed.. I wish I worked closer to home so I could go into my class and prepare things, maybe next year once Brinnley is older I will go in more often but she is too small and immobile for me to be able to get anything done to be worth the drive! I have started to get up earlier and get to work sooner so I am able to get my things done and then leave at a decent hour after school is over...

I do know I am getting better at 1. Running on less sleep 2. Time management 3. Planning my lessons to a T so I know exactly what I need to get done and 4. Spending those precious moments with my beautiful daughter and amazing husband!!





No comments: