Friday, September 20, 2013

7 Months Old

This little stinker is 7 months old! I can't believe how quickly time is flying! My little girl is not so little anymore. As sad as it is, I am loving this stage in her life. She is such a happy baby still and although she is not fully crawling yet, she is such an explorer. She loves new things and has shown us that she is quite musical! She has a rattle that she just knows what to use it for - her whole body gets jumping up and down when she shakes that thing and she loves it.                                                                 She wakes up so happy, even at 5am. But it doesn't matter to us since she has just randomly decided to begin sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG. At first, when it happened the 1st day, I thought it was just a fluke. Random. Somehow she was extremely tired. So I didn't really think anything of it and I celebrated by sleeping in an extra 15 minutes that morning snuggling my baby girl in bed. The 2nd night, I got excited! But I still didn't want to jinx ourselves so I kept quiet about it. The 3rd night, she didn't sleep all the way through the night - but for good reason, she was getting ready to cut her first tooth! I had noticed her gums were inflamed and puffy but didn't see anything until after the 4th night (she slept through that night that night, too!) and when she woke up very cranky, which never ever happens to our Brinnley Marie. Even after her morning bottle, she was very upset and crying. Sure enough, I felt the very tip of her first tooth! It ended up cutting through her gums during the day. It's still not clearly visible when she does her huge loving smile, and she does not like you putting your fingers in her mouth right now, but it's there!
 
 
 
She loves to eat real food. I have all this food that I made for her in our freezer, and I am determined to have her eat it - but she usually just ends up eating some of our food! Just tonight she knawed on a piece of my nectarine and then screamed and cried when she couldn't hold onto it long enough to put it in her mouth because it was so slipper! We gave her some pita bread and she screamed when I moved it away from her mouth - even though it was still in her hands! I know most of that is because her mouth hurts, but talk about being a drama queen!With the cooler weather coming in we are in desperate need of some new and warmer clothes for our lil miss. We have a ton of summer clothes which most are slowly beginning to become too small - and hardly any clothes for the fall! We did splurge on a bunch of hoodies recently so she can be just like daddy, but the rest needs to be bought! I can't wait to dress her up in little people clothes - it's a favorite thing of mine to do! Just like me, I can never decide what to have her wear! It's such a hard choice :)
Brinnley loves to laugh and snuggle with us any chance she gets. There's never a dull moment with her and we love her more and more each day! She is our chunky monkey.

No comments: