We painted the living room, I already shared that crazy transformation. Next, we picked out colors for Brinnley's room.
That was my goal today. Thankfully my hubby bought a sprayer because it would have taken me forever to paint her room!!
Here is a before shot of the 2 colors that were in there. Yes, your not seeing things, it is pink and yellow. And anyone who knows us know that pink is not ok! We picked out a light grey and a dark purple. The grey went on all 3 walls and the ceiling while the purple went on the accent wall, or the only wall that has absolutely nothing on it, like a door or a window. I prepped everything and draped plastic over things. I got pretty far before we decided to walk over to Aaron's parents for a bit with Brinnley.
Once we got back we all relaxed and Brinnley tried some tiny watermelon! She loved it of course :) Once Aaron moved the treadmill out of the way I got back to painting...
Then this happened
Seriously, I was SO close to being done and the sprayer couldn't suck up the last bit of paint!! So now it's 99% done an has to wait! And for some reason the lighting makes it look like the other wall is yellow, no. It's light grey! All I had left was the trim on the accent wall!!
We decided to get new fixtures and handles for her closet doors and Aaron suggested painting the trim and inside different colors. But then I came up with the idea of using my chalkboard paint to paint it so as she gets older she can draw on it :)
Since it's an older home, this is how the closet door looks :) if you can even call it a closet! We will get her a wardrobe once she is older. We are also debating on taking a trip to Ikea for the daybed we want for her room or looking more local. We will probably just go to Ikea :)
I can't wait for it to be finished, organized, and ready for her to play and even sleep in!!




No comments:
Post a Comment