Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful: Days 1, 2, and 3

With it being November, I started to state things I am thankful for on Facebook. Yes, I know I should do this all year long but of course, it's most popular in November. When I started it - albeit, it's only been 3 days- I thought about thinking of things that I normally on a day by day basis, be thankful for. Everyone knows that you are thankful for your family and loved ones. I will include them as the month goes on - but I really wanted to think of things that I take for granted or that I am sometimes not too keen about...

Day 1: today I am thankful for my 25 minute commute each way to work. It gives me the time to myself to think, plan, and just be by myself. Sometimes, most times, I need that alone time!

Those that read my blog, know that I drive a whooping 50 minutes each day for work, give or take a few minutes for traffic, Starbucks stops, etc. Most days, I hate this drive.. and most days, I really enjoy it. :) Day 1 I really thought about that long drive and about how it impacts my life. When I get to work I am hardly by myself, unless you count the hour I have in the morning - but does it really count when I am on the move and trying to get things ready? I don't think so. When I get home.. I am consumed with this lovely little girl: 
 
I don't mind one bit! I love every second I spend with her... But it is tiring and a lot of work, as any mom, and new mom can relate. I hardly have a minute to myself. Even when she goes to bed, which can be anywhere between 7-8, sometimes 9, I am then summoned by my dear husband. Obviously, I enjoy my time with him as little as it is for us to get one on one time, so I cherish that also anytime I get it. 
This is why I am so thankful for my commute. I turn on my talk show in the morning, drink my coffee, and enjoy the darkness of my drive. On the way home, I am currently blasting my new Katy Perry CD as high as I can stand it with the windows down. I love it. 

Day 2: I am thankful for our home. Our home where I can let my daughter roam free as she learns to crawl and explore. Our home where we can make memories together as a family. Our home where we can enjoy time together, just us, while we create our future together! 

Aaron and I have moved and lived in many, many places since we have been together. If you count them all, it's about 7 total. Yes, I said that.. 7 different places in the short 3.5 years we have been together. You can see why Day 2: Our home, is something I am very, very, VERY thankful for! Although this home is not officially "ours", it is in fact Aaron's. He is working to refinance it into our names together so his ex has no part in our lives anymore. She has no part in it now as it is, but seeing her name on the mortgage slips and old mail that somehow still shows up, just bugs me. She's not a nice person, at all, and has put Aaron through things that are entirely not fair and her own stupidity and financial fault that I hope this (small) Treasure Valley makes it possible to never see her face in my lifetime. Anyway.. I'm being thankful. 
 
Our home has slowly been transforming over the past few months of us living here. We have so many plans - some big, some small, and some just depend on how long we decide to stay here. Trust me, we will be here for a few more years at least. I am tired of moving and I want Brinnley to grow up in this house and make memories here. It's the perfect size for us at the moment - 900sq. ft. Yup, you read that right! Aaron and I like to be around each other and our daughter. I like knowing that even though I am in the front room in my office working I am still close to Aaron and Brinnley at the same time. 
With that being said.. we have a lot of work to do if we will be here for very long! 


 
 

Day 3: I am thankful for our king size bed that can fit all 3 of us comfortably! I love cuddling with my loves, but also enjoy my space when I need it  I am thankful that Brinnley sleeps so well at night in it as well.

When we found out I was pregnant, one of the first things we did was buy a new bed set. A new mattress, box spring, and frame - KING SIZE. We had been sleeping on a full size bed with no box spring that was literally a foot off the ground. I knew there was no way I would last the whole pregnancy sleeping on that bed. So, we sold it and bought a pillow top king size mattress. It was probably the best purchase we made aside from our vehicles. 
Brinnley has always slept with us. Well, mostly. We had her sleeping in her pack n' play when she was younger - but we stopped that after a few months. She now sleeps full-time in our bed. Even with Aaron being 6 ft. 2 - we still have plenty of room with all 3 of us. There are times when Brinnley maneuvers herself sideways in between us, but its easy to pick her up and turn her while she is still sleeping. Luckily, she also sleeps through the night most days. I love being able to snuggle her when I wake up, roll over to see her sweet sleepy face, and then also be able to reach and touch my sleeping husband - all within the comforts of my own bed. 
I'm sure people will think we are creating a bad habit - but since when is letting your child sleep in your bed, if you are comfortable and ok with it, a bad habit? In most countries, co-sleeping is common. I see nothing wrong with my daughter sleeping in our bed - and I'm sure she will continue to do so until we tell her no more, but until then, I am going to enjoy it! 


No comments: