Thursday, January 2, 2014

Room for Two

When we moved into our home this past summer we had so many plans for fixing it the way we wanted it. We have done a few things here and there, painted a few rooms and done minor changes. The front of our house has an awkward shaped room that is off of the kitchen. It has the side door that leaves to the side of the house and the backyard. It also has this huge beautiful window that lets in SO much light on sunny days.. but that also means people can see inside at night. Right now, I have some very old curtains that are covering it because we don't have blinds. I'm not a fan of blinds.. they are a pain to clean and the cords scare me because of Brinnley. PLUS.. they are super expensive to get more than just the cheap kind. Especially with the big window and the other windows we have. Curtains work just fine for us.

Anyway - for Christmas I got a new desktop computer and then Aaron bought me a really nice chair to use as well. I had an old IKEA desk that I love because of how simple it is. We decided to make the front room a little office nook and we bought a few things to spruce it up... a coat rack and a CUBE for my things. Because Brinnley has been sick and very, very, very clingy I haven't been able to fix the front room up yet. Plus, we had our Christmas tree up and all of our trash/mess!
This was the before... the room had become a
dumping ground for a lot of things. I hate clutter!

 
Last night and today I finally got around to putting everything together. We still have a few big boxes and things that need to make their way out to the shed, but otherwise the set up has turned out awesome. My computer is basically like a small TV and I can do about 3-4 things at once (Netflix, lesson plan, facebook..etc.) and so we decided to bring all of Brinnley's toys (which have accumulated from Christmas) into the room so our living room would be clutter free and then that way when I am working Brinnley can be in the room as well with her toys. She loves to be independent and play around anyway.. it's the perfect combination!
Now there is room for us two.. eventually we are going to move the treadmill into the front room and maybe get a dining table... but that won't be for awhile!
Here is the after in the same space! I could use another bookcase, but I really don't want to just add more furniture to make it overwhelming.



Here is the rest of the room. Brinnley above pulling out some books to read. All of her toys to the left.. everything against the wall and other window will be leaving. Then my little office nook with my new computer and chair!



No comments: