Saturday, February 1, 2014

Brinnley's BirthMONTH

Yes, it's true. I am one of those people who like to celebrate for a long time for birthdays.. not just a day, and in this instance, Brinnley will be celebrated for the whole month of February - or at least the 19 days leading up to her birthDAY. 

Today marks the 1st of February. While I was pregnant, I secretly and openly hoped to my husband, that Brinnley would be born earlier in the month of February. Waiting until the end of the month seems like torture to me - case in point, my birthday is on the 9th of the month and Aaron's is on the 22nd - my birthday comes in a flash and his takes FOREVER. Obviously, I was not able to control any of it but a mother could hope, right?

Of course, Brinnley was stubborn just like her mom and dad and decided to come exactly when we were expecting her, on her due date, February 19th. I wouldn't have had it any other way.. 
Today, I want to celebrate a piece of Brinnley Marie and hopefully little pieces each day until we reach her birthDAY. 
Today, I want to talk about how incredibly happy my daughter is! Seriously, we get compliments all the time about how happy of a baby she is - and although I greatly appreciate them, it baffles me when we get this because most people who do comment are not around her as much as we are. Thankfully, their comments and compliments couldn't be any more right. 
Brinnley laughs, giggles, screams (happily), and dances the day away. She is constantly happy and the main reason she "cries" or whines is because she is hungry, sleepy, wants mommy to snuggle before leaving her, or doesn't get what she wants (which rarely happens). 
Of course, she does not like the word NO and seems to get upset when she hears it for a split second! haha


Today, I am so thankful for this little knucklehead who makes me laugh each and every day! She lights up my life more than she will know :)


No comments: