Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Stories Week 9

This week was a littler crazy. With me coming home on Monday evening and missing Friday and Monday from work, I was a little behind on my responsibilities. Responsibilities including my home and my job. I chose to let those go a little bit this last week and focus on my family.
I came home after work and focused on spending time with Brinnley and Aaron when he was around. I needed to re-vamp and well, my house became a disaster and my lesson plans were posted and planned out the morning before class.

I hate doing that - but it had to be done because I was away from my family for 4 days and wanted to make up for it! Because I was so crazy with all my relaxing and I was trying to also feel better, my workouts were very minimal - as in none. I took to cleaning up the house finally on Thursday night and used that as my workout. It's not like I don't average about 13K-14K steps each day, but I haven't had a good sweat in awhile and I miss it.

 Brinnley has become obsessed with a new movie: Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. Aaron bought the 2nd one while I was away and she loves the little minions. It's hilarious to watch her dance around and throw her hands in the air when they do something funny. She reacts so well to what is going on and isn't just glued to the tv the whole time. She is very active!

She is getting so good at her letters. We aren't the parents who are forcing her to know all of her letters by the time she is 2 or have expectations for her to know those things because she is just about to turn 2 - she doesn't need to know how to read by the time she is 3, either. Yes, it would be in her favor to do so, but it isn't necessary. She is surrounded by books, learning tools, and conversation. I believe that those things will matter more to her when she is learning those things - sometimes I think parents and society put such a strong emphasis on learning the ABCs song too early and everything else associated with it. She can talk very well and communicate most of the time what she wants. She is a sponge and she will learn as she grows! I have no doubt that she is very smart, I don't expect her to pick up a book and read yet! That's not realistic.

She loves to lounge with me at night and cuddle while we wait for Aaron to get off work. Now that she has her own bed, I try to go in there with her and read for a bit or just play so she can get used to being in there. We haven't tried to get her to sleep in there yet - with my parents coming in a few weeks, it would almost be pointless to 'sleep train' her and then have to change it when they are in town. We will get there, there isn't any hurry. Even if we were to become pregnant sooner than we plan, we will have another 9 months to try to get her in there on her own!

I will take the cuddling days as long as I can - I only get to do it on the weekends, she falls asleep just fine on her own at night, but her naps she likes to cuddle. I drop everything I am doing to snuggle with her and her Elsa doll. I will never get tired of doing that and it's already getting hard for me to comfortably hold her for very long! I can't believe she will be 2 years old in just 19 days!

We plan on staying casual for the Super Bowl today. I have been going almost non-stop working on lesson plans for the week so I can be ready to go. I hated that I wasn't all planned out last week, plus I have a sub in my class on Wednesday for some tech meeting things I have to go to. The rest of the week will be the same - casual and whatever comes up! Hopefully it will get back to normal again since we don't plan on going anywhere until this summer! My parents will be here in just 2 weeks so we have a few things to do before they arrive, but it's just little things!



No comments: