Saturday, February 14, 2015

Strolling through Valentine's Day Pasts

I feel like I neglect blogging during the week and then try to do a crash course on Sundays to catch up. Most often, I have a few ideas during the week to blog about but the thought of sitting at my computer just reminds me too much of doing work! I have worked really hard the last few weeks to prevent any extra need of doing work during the week - sitting at my desk while my daughter plays during the week after spending all day at daycare doesn't sound like fun!

Anyway - Valentine's Day is today. At school, we celebrated yesterday. When I think of this silly holiday, it makes me laugh at how much people spend and go all out for their spouses. I am definitely one of those people who thinks that it's silly to have this holiday in a marriage. Yes, I love my husband. Yes, I love showering him with love and him the same. But, we do that on a daily basis. 



Over the years, I have gotten a few flowers from Aaron. At the beginning, I got them a little regularly. 

In 2010, just because!
.
Another just because bouquet. 

Valentine's Day 2011 
In 2011, Aaron and I got all dressed up (as in we had to buy new shirts and shoes to dress up since it wasn't really something we did regularly) and went to Mona Lisa, a fondue place in Nampa that is no longer open. It was lovely, but I definitely didn't feel comfortable or at place throughout the night. It wasn't US. 


Valentine's Day 2011 - Aaron sent these to work.
Valentine's Day 2012

After the 2011 Valentine's Day dinner, the rest of our holiday events were minimal and we stayed simple. We just did "us" stuff.

I loved when Aaron sent me flowers to work back in 2011. But with my teaching job, he hadn't done it again. I have bugged him about it for awhile, he isn't one to send flowers just because, he would go pick up a Red Bull or sweet treat for me instead. That works just fine for me. But this year, I wanted flowers! I knew they were coming since he text me asking for my school address on Thursday. My district is so small that the high school and elementary have very similar address and if you don't know that our district office is in the elementary building, it can be confusing. It's ok though. 
I got a beautiful dozen red roses that came with a box of chocolates and pretty red mason jar. 
Aaron was a littler disappointed in how small it was considering how much he spent. I know he won't do it again next year, and that's fine. :) I just like that I got some pretty flowers delivered to work so next year I can be ok with treats and a night with my husband and children if all goes to plan. ;)

We have a few visitors coming into town so we are going to take advantage of that and go on a 'date' since we will have babysitters for Brinnley! 

I love how simple Aaron and I are for holidays. We love to spoil each other but it's not with flashy things. It encompasses everything that we love about each other! I can't wait for many more holidays in the Bauer way and being able to incorporate Brinnley into the occasion as well!

No comments: