Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sunday Stories Week 17 and 18

I'm a little behind on my stories. I'll try my best to catch up!

Softball
Softball has been going. We did lots of traveling and are finally done with that part of the season! A few places we went were so isolated I completely lost cell service. The girls are doing great - for the most part. They are NOT used to having someone push them and try to actually coach them. It's been tough to get them to realize that it's my job, I am there to help them, and I won't take attitude. Just on Thursday I had thee WORST display of disrespect EVER shown to me during a game. And being someone who IS NOT ok with confrontation, it was very hard for me. I believe I handled it very well and unfortunately, the girl has not yet owned up and served the punishment or consequences because she didn't go to the game yesterday. It's unfortunate. Thankfully at the same time - there are girls who really want to play. I had a handful come to me after the game/situation and ask me to please stay and come back next year. It makes me excited to know that I can have an impact with these girls who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity. Friday, I had full support of my administrators and a conversation about next year's season will be discussed when it comes to the new season. 


School
Spring Fever is in full effect at our school and it's completely crazy. Because it is May, I can officially see the last day of school on my calendar. I am so beyond excited for the much needed break - and I know my students are as well. We still have lots to accomplish in the classroom and it's been crazy because of it. Last week, I took the students outside to practice their spelling and some math using chalk. They loved it and I was so surprised at how well they received the idea. The remainder of the year we have: Spring Concert, Science Fair, Field Day, and end of the year activities. It's crazy how close it is to ending! Only 13 1/2 more days of school! For me... only 10 1/2!


Again, I am so fortunate to have this "side job" as well as teaching. I am lucky enough to be part of the Strategic Planning team which actually added more to my plate but I couldn't be more excited. Next week I am able to travel again - teachers understand that this doesn't mean a "break" from school. It actually adds so much work to your already jammed packed schedule and I started to plan my lessons for a sub on Tuesday and only finished on Friday! Whew! 3 full days of sub plans is a lot and I should actually take Thursday off as well but I didn't want to add more work to it!! It's hard on students for their routine and teacher to be absent but I know the sub that will be in my classroom will be wonderful. I leave bright and early on Monday morning to Chicago and get back late on Wednesday. I will be with 2 other co-workers and will be checking out other schools who have 1:1 Apple technology in their schools. I couldn't be more excited. Aaron took those days off to be with Brinnley so it will be nice to have that weight of worry off my shoulders! :)

Brinnley 
Because of softball, I haven't been around as much and Brinnley is really missing her mama. She was sleeping in her bed all night every night until a few nights ago when she insisted she slept right on or next to me. I didn't hesitate to let her do it because I have missed her greatly as well. She is growing so fast and learning like crazy! She repeats everything we say to the best of her ability and has become so observant. She loves to go in the car or truck and makes sure she sees the keys before we go or she asks where they are. A few of her favorite things are: the moon, stars, the color pink (she points out everything that is pink wherever we go), Spider Man and the Avengers on Netflix, Cars the movie, any size or type of ball, her stacking toy, going for a ride and to the store, and her car seat. It's never a dull moment and I have to say that this age is by far my favorite. Running up to me to give me a hug when I get home, saying "hi mama" when she is being bad and I get mad at her so I will laugh (she must have learned that from Aaron!)




Life
I went out with a few girlfriends on Saturday evening and it was a blast. We carpooled to the Village and ate at The Yardhouse. There isn't much to say except it was fun to get away and have some grown up time with some new friends! We plan on trying to do it every month.




April 30th was the last day I had coffee. It's only been a few days, but it's going well. It's something I have wanted to give up for quite awhile and had actually cut back quite a bit already. I am enjoying this newer "lifestyle" that has been brought into our house and when I am ready to share more I will. For right now, things in not only my life, but Aaron and I's relationship is SO much better for many reasons. I am excited to see what else happens - especially with our summer plans and trips!





No comments: