Once school got out for the year, I was pooped. Then, a week later - summer school began! We had a lot going on in our family during the month of June (and I'll share more of that later this week) but I don't think I have a ton of pictures or events that actually happened to share.

I ended up teaching the Kinder's for summer school - they will be going into 1st grade in the Fall and I only had about 8-9 students during the 4.5 hour time slot each day. It was super nice and the curriculum is simple and easy, which basically means that I got to do whatever I wanted throughout the course of the 4 weeks (pertaining to Robots and Rockets which were the main subjects).
Brinnley had fun with daddy during the day and after work I rushed home just in time to say goodbye to Aaron who then rushed off to work until about 10:30pm each night (except his slotted 2 days off). It was super tough on us as a couple and as a family, but we made it through. Brinnley definitely has become more attached to me since I have been home "more" than Aaron since they slept in quite a bit - but after he gets home they hung out while I went to bed early! It worked out - minus the hardly getting to see each other.
Another big piece that happened after school ended was I was baptized. It was a blessing all around - the stake center was jam packed with family members who came for the occasion, our Bishop and some of our ward members came and mentioned that it was almost the fullest they had ever seen! I was so happy and thankful to have so many people there to witness such a great step in my life. I had old friends (Bobbie Jo) and a few co-workers come as well as family who took a longer drive to come. It meant the world to me. Throughout my teaching and at the beginning of my talks about Ba
I was almost speechless when he said he wanted to do it and even more grateful that he was getting back into church. I was confirmed the very next day at church, surrounded by the same family members who attended the baptism and again, Aaron was the one to confirm me along with the men in our family. It was an honor to have them there with me - the members of our ward are amazing and I love spending time with them. One of my favorite parts is that they all live really close! We have already formed/joined a little group of families that meet monthly and have had some fun times with some others. It's been such a great experience and we look forward to going to Church each Sunday and spending time together as a family. Aaron is able to go a few times a month because he can rotate Sundays with the other managers, so it's great. Brinnley loves church and gets excited about going to nursery!

Throughout my working summer school, we mostly hung out as a family! We went to the Cherry Festival in Emmett and realized that Brinnley LOVES riding rides and the crazy expensive carnival games! We are glad we got a glimpse of this so we know what to expect at the Idaho State Fair at the end of August!
I also flew up to Seattle for a long weekend to help my sister-in-law celebrate their baby boys soon arrival! It was lovely and a perfect little getaway to see some family. I went on the big ferris wheel in Seattle and loved it!















No comments:
Post a Comment