You can just assume by my title what this post will be about... or at least I hope so! We are so beyond excited for the next blessing to fill our home in January. We are so extremely blessed for this bundle to choose us as his/her parents and that everything went as we "planned".
Monday - May 4th
We were up super early that morning so Aaron could take me to the airport. I was traveling to Chicago for a few days for a work conference. The week prior, I was definitely having a feeling that I was pregnant. I almost knew, it was just a matter of time before I could take a test to confirm. I had quite a few symptoms and I was anxious. I still had about a week until I was scheduled to actually start my period and I knew it was a long shot to take a test, but I just had the feeling I needed to take one before I left for Chicago. I had taken a test a few days earlier because like I said, I felt like I was pregnant. It was super duper early and I wasn't quite awake when I took the test - it didn't take very long, which reminds me of when I took my test for Brinnley's pregnancy - it almost blindsided me and I was super shocked! I knew both times that I was pregnant, but still, it's the best kind of shock, especially that early in the morning!
I told Aaron to take a look and he was all smiles. We chatted about it the whole 25 minutes to the airport and said goodbye both on such a high!
Thursday - May 28th
I was hesitant to set up a doctors appointment so early - I just suspected that it would be a sit down and chat thing and those honestly, are a waste of time. But, I had found a different doctor at a location in Nampa to help with the convenience of after work appointments in the upcoming school year. I loved his profile and he was a "newer/younger" doctor and I love that - those kinds of doctors aren't set in the "ways" and I feel like they really would be up for things that I want to do.
Aaron wanted to go with me and so we brought Brinnley. We were told it would be a long appointment, but it didn't disappoint! I loved my new doctor and he immediately asked me what I wanted to do - he explained any risks, scenarios, etc. because of my past c-section and was even able to give me a date that it would be scheduled if I choose to go that route, which I am.
The date won't be more confirmed and in writing until I am about 24 weeks along, but for now, it's the due date we have set in our heads! January 8th - it's a Friday and I will just go in in the morning and get my c-section. We want to go this route because there's no way of knowing if I can actually deliver a child vaginally, I was never able to dilate all the way and the enormous amount of time I was in labor was super scary and exhausting that having to go through that again and then have another c-section just doesn't sound like fun, plus all the "what if's" that coming with a VBAC.
I still have time to "think" about it - but we are both pretty certain we will have the scheduled c-section. You never know, maybe the baby will come sooner than that!
I was only about 7 weeks for the appointment but the doctor said we could probably see something on an ultrasound. We both looked at each other with the biggest smile. Those early weeks are the scariest because so many things are unknown - and because I don't have much history on miscarriages, there was no reason to "believe" that it would happen, even though the odds are high.
We were so excited to be able to see the heartbeat and even hear a glimpse of it. Brinnley loved the printout and wouldn't let anyone else hold it.
She still doesn't understand or care about another "baby" but eventually she will!
Thursday - June 18th (10 weeks)
I am definitely showing a lot earlier this time around.
This is at only 10 weeks. Some of it is bloat, but not all of it can be sucked back in. I feel like absolute crap. Instead of morning sickness, mine is called evening sickness. Because I am teaching summer school, it's hard to focus and realize that I don't feel well because I am constantly doing something. Once I sit down, about 7 pm, it all hits me at once. I strongly dislike the evenings and going to bed seems to be the only thing that makes me feel better because I don't feel so sick while I'm dreaming all the crazy dreams!
Thursday - June 25th (11 weeks)
Much more popping out! I can't seem to hide my bump any longer unless I wear baggy clothes, which I just don't! I feel a tad bit better today - and I am hoping that it will begin to move upwards and I get some energy back and my stomach likes me more. I am on a mission to NOT gain the weight I did with my first. Healthy snacks, working out as much as I can (when I have energy), and what not. We have our next appointment next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment