Excuse the weird look on my face - 6:30am is not my favorite time of day.
My bump has definitely made its presence known and continues to each day it feels like.
We went to the doctor for our anatomy scan around my 20.5 week mark.
I have gained about 10 pounds so far - hopefully with my regular workouts I can keep it to only about 30 pounds this time.. even less! For some reason though my weight gain just goes straight to my legs! They are huge and my pants just don't fit anymore.
I have to eat in the mornings, which is very unlike me, in order for me to function - literally. I was getting ready on this day in particular (from the picture above) and I hadn't eaten yet and I was getting really hott and light headed which is the perfect indication for me to get weak and dizzy... which started to happen. I had to quickly make my breakfast and sit down in order to be able to drive anywhere. It has happened a few times and I know when it's coming so I am able to stop it and not actually pass out. It sounds bad, but it's mostly from low blood sugar since I stop and eat and am fine. That's a big reason why I don't workout in the mornings!! The rest of the day though I was pretty miserable and just didn't feel the same.
As long as I eat every few hours I feel fine - except at night. My nausea has lightened but it still comes around at night. I know my exhaustion the last few weeks is partly because I am adjusting to being back to work and also because I hadn't worked out in a bit. I haven't had to take any of my medication, which is a for sure plus! We really need it to cool down soon so Brinnley can sleep in her own bed and I can have my space back and also, my husband cuddles! :)
I finally went out and bought some maternity shirts - they are the "longer" ones so I am hoping I can get by wearing leggings for awhile, waistbands really hurt me right now with how low the baby is all the time.
Our baby girl is about the size of a banana and weighs 13 oz! Starting at my next appointment they will measure my belly and then the next one is my glucose test. After that I will be every 2 weeks. It's really surreal that we are over halfway done.
We may or may not have a name picked out already - when you know, you just know! We still aren't sure of a middle name, but I think the name we have will stick because when we talked about it, it just felt right... just like when we picked out Brinnley's name!

No comments:
Post a Comment