Saturday, November 7, 2015

28-30 Weeks

There's nothing like waking up before everyone in the house, wrapping up in a warm robe and sipping hot chocolate. I'm just missing the hot chocolate part... let me fix that!
That's better! Excuse my morning look... 


28 Weeks at work
Weeks 28-30 have been fun and painful. I went to my doctor's for my glucose test and was very relieved when I got all my questions answered by my doctor. He sat and listened and then told me he was scheduling me for my c-section now that I was 28 weeks. I am on the calendar for January 8th and I report to the hospital at 6am sharp! I have my pre-op, post-op and my post partum visits scheduled. Another bonus, not diabetic! I was worried, just didn't want to have to go back for a very long 3 hour test and take time off of work. Thankfully, it's not the case and I still have my days at work intact ready for this baby to get here!
I talked to him about the painful and frequent Braxton Hicks contractions I was having and he assured me that it was normal and what was normal if it came to that. Now that I passed the 28 week mark, I go to my doctor every 2 weeks!
Brinnley has been proving to us that she doesn't need a nap some days, but other days she does! She tells us when she is ready to nap or go to sleep. She does like to fight sleep some days, but others, she just lets it happen!


29 Weeks
My mom made a great point about my weekly bump photos --- the crack in the picture is on our door, not the wall! HA -- we need a new door definitely. It is from before Aaron and I and his little temper was different. It's crazy how different he was before I came into his life to calm him down :) That's been discussed before already though, he's a great guy, obviously!
Halloween was a blast. My friend, Cristina, is a master at making shirts so she helped me make a skeleton baby shirt to wear to school on that Friday. I had no plans to dress up but when that opportunity came up, I couldn't pass by! My co-worker, who is a few months behind me in her pregnancy, bought her shirt! 
We had bought Brinnley's costume weeks ago so it was super easy to get her dressed -- we went on Friday evening with Cristina and her family (they watch her for us a few times a week and she absolutely loves the family and their 3 kids!) to a trunk--or--treat at a local shopping center. It was chilly and for some reason Brinnley was a little grumpy at first. I didn't have the stroller with me and she wanted to be carried for the first while - thankfully there were a few of us who could carry her so I didn't have to do it the whole time! Eventually she warmed up to the fact and walked herself. She is a bit of a scaredy cat! When I picked her up from daycare that day, she was upstairs playing with the babies while the toddlers and older kids were downstairs in their costumes! They said she went down there but said it was "too loud" and she was scared of the costumes! She told me all about it on the way home -- she continues to tell us she was scared of The Hulk. 

For Halloween -- Aaron took the day off and ended up hanging out with his friend Skylar that morning before the BSU game. Brinnley and I hung out most of the day and then got ready for the evenings activities. We didn't really feel like going trick or treating anywhere, so we took Brinnley to our church's trunk--or--treat! I decked our trunk out and we enjoyed some yummy snacks before all the kids came around. Brinnley went with Myah, who is Cristina's daughter, to trick or treat and really enjoyed herself. It was just enough fun before we headed home afterwards!





After church the following day, Brinnley and I made some cookies. Last Christmas, she got a kitchen set and a bunch of toy cooking utensils. When I was cleaning her room, I noticed a set that hadn't been opened and it was perfect for the occasion. It came with a mini rolling pin, some cookie cutters, a small baking pan, and some baking dishes. She loved helping and making her own batch of cookies. I even let her decorate with some piping gel and sprinkles.





Week 30 is crazy to think about. I am now only 9 weeks away!! We decided that my maternity leave will begin on the day of Winter Break -- December 18th. It's a half day, which is awesome and it gives me a total of 11 weeks at home. Originally, I thought this would be too much and I would get stir crazy at home. BUT -- with the transition of 1 kid to 2 and for Brinnley's sake, I knew it would be better for all of us. Plus, I wasn't too excited about having 2 weeks of break and returning for 4 days during my 38th-39th week of pregnancy! I have a sub lined up, my leave is getting put in, and I am dotting my i's and crossing my t's. Because of our smart planning, I have short term disability and insurance with the hospital so even though I only have 5 weeks of paid leave, I have the rest covered through other aspects. It's really exciting to know that I will be home with both my babies for a good amount of time no matter when baby girl #2 comes along! With Brinnley -- I was only home for 4 weeks and it was really hard! I am hoping to breast-feed this time also. I have been reading and researching the commitment aspect of it and really think that with the set-up we are hoping to have at home (Aaron will be home for a few weeks, my mom and sister will be here for a little bit) that I will be able to get a schedule set during those first weeks while I recover to help the process. Fingers crossed!

When I return to work on March 7th -- softball begins! That was another reason for taking so long off -- when I go back I will be working even longer days than usual. I am excited to be home and excited about what work will be like when I return. 

30 Weeks!

No comments: