Aaron and I haven't had much time together since we got married and we have been savoring those few short moments before I go to bed each night to just cuddle and be together. Between work and school, I am going non-stop, literally. This last weekend along has been out of control. I had 2 huge tests from 7:30am until about 1:30pm and then went into work at 2:00pm until 10pm! I then worked a 12 hour day on Sunday so I could get an extra day off during this week for parent teacher conferences.
Yes, I am a complainer.
And Aaron knows it. And he doesn't let me get away with it either if it truly isn't complaining worthy.
The other night, I was telling Aaron about my idea to take a 4 day stretch off from work the week before my Spring Break so I could have a break.
Aaron didn't think this was a good idea and I got upset when he told me how he felt about it. He said I would regret using my time off and he wanted to be sure that we would have the time off available for summer things and to be able to do things together. He didn't want me to waste my days off when I have already used about half my days for the whole year! He knew how hard I was working and is proud of me but told me,
I don't feel bad for you. You knew this would be hard when you signed up to get your masters. You knew what you were doing...
And then he just walked away. Although it stung initially, I knew he was right (dang him for being right 90% of the time!). He doesn't sugar coat things and it was exactly what I needed to hear.
I was being a baby. I knew it would be hard to get my masters and go to work full time, obviously. We had discussed it before I applied.
I am having so much fun with my student teaching and my job is hardly demanding on most aspects besides the hard hours.
So why complain?
I can't wait!