Tuesday, June 12, 2012

4 weeks: We're pregnant!

4 Weeks: June 12, 2012
I woke up around 7:30am this morning, just after Aaron left for work. I had had heyyyyeyevery unpleasant dreams - mostly about taking pregnancy tests and the results being negative. I wasn't planning on actually waking up, but something told me to get up and go pee on a stick. So I did. I had already taken 2 tests, 2 days prior and 3 days prior. The whole time I just stared at the stick waiting for something to show up. With it being so early in the morning, I wasn't really all the way awake and decided not to stare at the impending results from my morning pee. When I did happen to look, I literally did a double take. I couldn't believe my eyes. It wasn't the darkest line, but it was there. A faint little pink line that turned my world upside down. I couldn't believe my eyes and I wasn't sure how long the line would actually stay so I got out my camera and the tablet and started shooting picture after picture, as if it wasn't real. I didn't want it to go away, so I just took pictures like crazy.
Once reality set in, I went to my phone. I didn't want to call Aaron at work to tell him or to even text him and he wouldn't be home for another 5 hours for lunch but I had to tell someone! Only a handful of people knew we were even trying to get pregnant so I texted a good friend of mine. She knew I was going to take another test and I had told her I would let her know the results. I freaked out over text and she replied the same. I immediately started going through a few phone apps I had downloaded to see my EDD (Estimated Due Date). It's a bit confusing, but 40 weeks will be

February 19, 2013.

Once I calmed down a bit I went about my day. I was craving coffee and since I knew there was a chance I could be pregnant, I have been only drinking about half a cup each day so that I don't overdue my caffeine intake. After some relaxing and cleaning and getting ready for the day, Aaron came home. I had a huge smile on my face and I thought I had planned out how I would tell him but it just didn't come out that way. He had told me the night before to pee on a stick again in the morning but of course, he probably forgot that I agreed I was going to do this. I gave him a big hug when he came through the door and said, "Guess what I did this morning? I peed on a stick." He just laughed and asked how it went so I told him to go look for himself. I squealed a little bit and said there was a little bit of a line and he just replied, "What does that mean? Your not pregnant?" Haha, I told him to read the key on the stick and he finally got it.. His smile was from ear to ear and he just picked me up and gave me a huge hug telling me how much he loves me! We went out to lunch together and began talking more about the future.. we are so excited! Just to be sure I am going to take another test this Saturday. My period isn't due until Friday so here's to hoping this isn't a chemical pregnancy and everything is safe and healthy!

Week 4 Details:

Symptoms: Bloating, Some nausea, Constipation, Sore breasts
Feelings: Excited, anxious, nervous, overwhelmed, happy

We haven't told anyone yet, except my one friend. My mom will more than likely find out next week when I go to visit her since I won't be drinking like most of the family will be! We are hoping to wait until about 6-7 weeks to tell family and a few close friends. Need to tell my manager so he knows what is going on in case something happens or I start to act differently from symptoms of this little one growing inside me!

No comments: