So I skipped last week and posting. And this week, Aaron isn't home to help me take my picture so one from my camera phone after working with 1st graders all day will have to do! Wait, did you read that? I am a teacher. To 20 first graders.
Yes, a teacher!
I found out about a week and a half ago and quit my job at Sports Authority two days later. Thankfully they were very understanding of how quickly I needed to be done and didn't hesitate to help me in any way (ps. I got my last paycheck a week early because of it! Heck yes!) And I have taught two days so far. It's a bit of work because this school district is a lot different than any other ones I have worked in. It is a very small school district and therefore have a very small number of students and teachers. They demand a lot from their teachers and we are expected to create most things ourselves - basically, we are not handed something and told, "Teach this today and this tomorrow". We are given tools and a instructional calendar based on the common core standards, but we are the ones creating what we are teaching each day. It has been an adjustment, not just because of this but just because it is my first year and I don't have that 'experience' like veteran teachers do. Luckily though I have a wonderful principal and fellow teachers surrounding me to help guide and teach my along the way!
Tomorrow I have my next doctor's appointment and hopefully it will be a quick one where they just listen for the heartbeat. I would love another ultrasound but it just costs money and it's unnecessary. I am hoping that they schedule me for my 18 week appointment to see the sex of the baby... I have a feeling that they will make me wait 6 more weeks instead though until I am 20 weeks to do that! Ughhh... fingers crossed!
Other than that the fair has been going on and although I ventured out there over the weekend for a bit to sort of help out - Aaron has been out there everynight and the last few days I have only seen him for a minute in the mornings and that's it. He gets home so late that I am already passed out and he heads to the fair before I can make it home from work. It will be like this the rest of the week as well.. I am going to try and go out to the fair tomorrow night after my doctor appointment just for the fact that I can sit down, enjoy some family time, free fair food (swirl fries!), and just be around Aaron for those few hours before the next few days take his time, again.
1 comment:
YOU HAVE A JOB! YOU'RE A TEACHER! AND YOUR BELLY IS ADORABLE!
There are so many things to be excited about, Steph. Glad you're happy! <3 <3
Post a Comment