For the last 30 days I have been involved in a challenge. Not just a physical challenge, but a mental and nutritional challenge as well! A mama friend of mine, Lauren, began a new journey with Beach Body and began her first small group fitness challenge. I accepted her challenge and became part of her small intimate group of ladies and we went on a journey together for 30 days.
I ate healthy (98% of the time...) and worked out more in 30 days than I have in the past 2 years. I didn't get a workout program because of my impulsive choice to join the group, but we had recently purchased a treadmill so I tracked my miles and also used a few of my fitness DVD's to change up my workouts. I have to say that I am very proud of myself, not only did I stick with it (98% of the time..) for 30 days, but I have found new foods that are healthy and also very yummy. I love, love, love fish, especially salmon and talapia. And..
![]() |
| Our wedding day - 3.2.12 |
![]() |
| 1.5 years later.. |
I fit into not only my pre-pregnancy pants, but also my wedding dress :) Don't mind my I just got out of the shower ... look..
To add, I feel wonderful. Now that the challenge is over and I am back to making my own choices with no one to keep me accountable, I have to say I had a minor set back, but am looking forward to keeping the changes going in my life. When I make good choices about my health and the foods I eat, my husband does as well :) It's a win - win situation!
On to other things...
I had a hard time of holding on to things in my past. I would get bored or just let go because I thought there was something bigger and better out there. When I met Aaron, I was scared that I would feel this way but deep down a part of me knew, just knew, that it wouldn't happen with him and our life together. It helped that we enjoyed the same things and were happy around each other all the time and we experienced so much in such a short time.. Here we are, over 3 years later, and I couldn't be holding on more tightly while enjoying our crazy ride together. And when I say holding on tightly, I don't mean in a I'm going to fall off so help me, It's in a I am having the time of my life and couldn't imagine letting go of what I have.
Last week, we went out to the Farmstead pumpkin patch with Aaron's friend, Skylar, his friend and then his 5 year old little girl. Brinnley had a blast. It was a little chillier than I expected and so she had to borrow Lundon's hat, even though she looked like a member of the Russion mafia, she was still adorable.
We went on our first hay ride and went to the pumpkin patch. We didn't buy any pumpkins, we already have some and Aaron's mom has plenty at her house for us to get when we want to! We enjoyed the food, company, and time together as a family. It's exciting to experience these things together as a family and build memories. Even though Brinnley is not old enough to remember these times, we took plenty of pictures for her to see when she is older and we will be able to tell stories to her. Of course, it will be something we will continue to enjoy as she does get older.. I can't wait!









1 comment:
So proud of you for participating in the challenge and for stick with it!! You look amazing in your wedding dress :)
Your little family is just the cutest and Brinnley may be the most adorable Russian mafia member EVER.
Post a Comment