Sometimes I get a little over emotional about the state of our house. With work and a child, and Aaron, our tiny 900sq ft home can become messy. I think my mentality that things need to be cleaned comes from my childhood, we always cleaned up right after we made a mess, laundry was done ASAP, etc.
Now, I don't have the desire to do any cleaning when I get home, I'd rather spend the time I have with my daughter and husband.
Over our relationship, we have realized that having a super clean house does not mean we would be happy. Now a days, our house usually stays messy until Friday evenings or Saturday mornings. Because of our small house it hardly takes any time to clean it up!
Our house is happy regardless of how clean it is on a daily basis, our daughter will grow up knowing that being messy is ok in our house, to a point obviously :)

1 comment:
I hear you on this one, for sure! The state of the house and its cleanliness has totally fell down on the 'ol priority list. Spending time with Camden is way more important (and fun!) :)
Post a Comment