Brinnley has been such a hoot lately! We have been teaching her to get off the couch on her own. She is getting so good at it and loves to play with daddy while practicing. She has only had a few accidents but she gets it! She even got off of our bed by herself which is a lot higher than our couch!
She is soaking up everything like a sponge! She is absolutely obsessed with putting random things, especially lotion, spoons, and her favorite food: graham crackers, into the drawer of the TV stand. She will take whatever she can find and pile it in there, open the drawer, shut it, and open it again to take it all out. She finds random places to put things too - I once found my phone in my diet coke 12 pack container in the front room - don't even ask me how long I had to look for it! She also LOVES to try and sit in the drawer of the TV stand. She also gets stuck in it and cries until we take her out, then does it all over again. She is learning in most aspects about what she shouldn't do again. She has such a vocabulary and loves to just chat. She enjoys screaming, laughing, and smiling at you. She does the cutest smile and scream when I walk through the door or she sees me when I pick her up after work - it melts my heart! She recently learned to say the word YES but doesn't quite have the actual meaning down yet! :) She has become so independent and loves to walk everywhere - she has learned that she can walk around in the store so she is beginning to not like the cart! But when it's both of us, Daddy is so gracious to chase her around and run after her! He loves it.
I recently started the Bikini Series with Tone It Up and absolutely LOVE IT. I am just ending week 2 and I can feel myself getting stronger, more fit, and toned up. I'm not sure how I ran across Tone It Up - but it was earlier in the year when they were doing a series for Valentine's Day. They do challenges to help woman get toned and overall healthier. They have weekly schedules, check ins on social media where you can win prizes, and workouts for you to follow. I have started to actually finish the workouts for each day because of how hard I have been working. They have cardio workouts and a goal for you to reach 100 miles by summer (June 21st). The cardio isn't always running and you can do a variety of things for those miles - because I started from 0 working out time, I have been a littler behind but am making up for it this week! Plus, I was sick last Friday and Saturday and didn't do anything.
My eating habits are still in the works and I didn't join the nutrition plan - I don't know if I can do that quite yet, it's something I am interested in, but I haven't bit the bullet yet.
Because I had been working so hard and actually sticking with this workout series, I started looking into something to track what I do during the day and for some of my workouts. Aaron has access obviously with his work and he didn't have very many good things to say about the FitBits but we found the Polar Loop which is very similar and so he bought it early for me as part of my Mother's Day gift! I was so surprised because I kept hinting at it and didn't really think he was thinking twice about it. It's just like a watch and tracks your daily goal, calories, steps, and can even track your sleep patterns based on your movement. Best thing, it's waterproof! I love the app so far - I can see how much I am sitting and standing at work and walking around in my classroom. I have only had it a few days but it has already pushed me to get up and move.
Today - I not only met my daily goal of activity but it's FRIDAY, I did the FULL cardio workout for 35 minutes for 3 miles towards my 100 miles before summer, and I completed the ab playlist tonight also!
I am so proud of myself and can feel my mental and physically stability just growing. I love working out - sometimes I wake up and do it before work so I can come home and relax and get things done, or sometimes, like today when I just want to sleep in - I come home to hang out for a bit and then get my workout in after Brinnley goes to bed. It's an amazing feeling to feel my body tone up and get healthier. I have my good friend, Jillie, getting in on it as well. We both are at good weights and are not in this to lose weight - I am already at my pre-baby weight - but we just want to tone up what we have! I'm so blessed to be comfortable in my skin, be healthy, and be able to push myself further to look even better!





No comments:
Post a Comment