Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Garden

I have never, ever, ever gardened before in my life. In 3rd grade, one of our TILT units we created is about Greenhouses - yah, I was learning the whollleeee time! Aaron put together a space for me to try out some planting and gardening. This - is what it looks like today! I had no idea HOW much it would take off in just a few short days and I didn't realize that what I planted would overtake and grow SO much. Whoops!

I started with the little pods inside before Mother's Day - some of them sprouted while most of them died. I then decided that I wanted to keep trying so I bought some veggies already grown a bit from Lowe's. These bad boys are my green pepper plants. I am SO excited they took off and each one probably has about 10 on them - still small so I am waiting just a little longer until I start devouring those bad boys! Yum. 

This big monster is squash. I had totally forgotten about it because it honestly looked like it had died. I guess it had a small growth spurt! It is so crazy how much it just POPPED up. 
Here is just one of TWO big squashes that grew just while we were in Vegas! Thankfully, my father in law watered my garden for me while we were gone. I can't wait to see how much more it grows! You can see another one just popping out, too!


As for this side... it is just going crazy. There are a few cucumber plants that are just going crazy! Then, what I think are bell pepper plants - I thought they were radishes but then a few radish plants popped up out of nowhere and they do NOT look the same.. BUT they aren't weeds because they are growing from my little pods. So, I am waiting to see what pops out of the ones tangled in between the cucumber plants. There are also a few watermelon plants along to the right that are entangled as well. Lots of flowers are blooming so it just means there should be some yummy veggies and little watermelons growing soon! Can't wait!!!

No comments: