Life has been incredibly busy. I am so thankful that I was able to have a very relaxed and laid back Spring Break because now - life is just going non-stop. It seems there is so much going on and it is hard to say NO to something right now. My upcoming softball schedule is even crazier - and every weekend in April is pretty much booked - a wedding, girl's night out, birthday plans, Easter, church, you name it!
I have 2 weeks in April where there are 4 softball games! Of those 8 - 5 of them are away games that are a decent drive (especially on a school bus)! It will be long nights, but it will be a blast! It will make the month go by and then before you know it - school will be done for summer!
ONE: Dodge ball
Sports Authority was a sponsor for a local dodge ball tournament this last week. A cool requirement they had was that SA had to put together a team and play in it - pretty cool. Aaron was supposed to play but at the last minute another co-worker really wanted to so Aaron gave his spot up. We decided to go and support them anyway. We weren't sure what it would be like and how Brinnley would react - but it was awesome! We had a blast cheering for the SA people - whom all know Brinnley and I due to the fact that we like to visit Aaron on a regular basis. The games were only 3 minutes a piece and with about 11-12 teams in the tournament, it went fast! They were all adults playing (mostly) and it was crazy hectic all over the place. Some of the men got a little heated, teams cheated (got hit and decided to stay in anyway) but overall, it was a blast!

The SA team did awesome and were tied for 2nd at the end - they had to play a winner goes to the championship game and they barely lost. It was fun to watch and I was totally into it. We sat in the bleachers so Brinnley was able to kinda sit, wonder, and play with some other kids that sat next to us. We kept getting compliment after compliment about our little girl. I can't blame them - she is a wonderful and bright one!
TWO: Bubbles and warm weather
Brinnley loves bubbles. We keep buying some and she keeps asking for us to blow them and then she chases after them. We bought a monster wand and with how nice it has been, we went into the backyard and started to blow up the backyard with bubbles.
Brinnley decided that she would rather watch us blow them instead of trying herself. Whenever we would start, she would find a place to sit down and just watch!
We have had to buy some bee traps because it has already gotten pretty bad in the backyard - we don't want to chance any bites or stings without knowing how Brinnley would react.
THREE: Church and playtime
Lately, I have been meeting with the Sister Missionaries to learn a little more about faith. We were invited to church last Sunday and I had no reason not to go. I wasn't sure how it would go without Aaron there (working!) and just myself to entertain Brinnley. She did very well during sacrament and was such a ham. She loved when we sang and wouldn't put down the Hymn Book. She is such a talker that the whole time she just wanted to chat about everything. After the sacrament meeting - I wasn't sure if I would stay because I didn't know if Brinnley would be ok staying at nursery. A lady in charge of it came over to introduce herself (just like almost everyone else there - it was a very comfortable and reaffirming feeling to be around such kind and warm hearted people for a few hours) and Brinnley stretched her arms out to her and laid down on her shoulder. That assured me that she was in good hands and I went off with the Sisters. I enjoyed myself very much and am still learning as much as I can. It's a great experience and something that seems comfortable.
FOUR: Big Girl Brinnley
Brinnley is growing like a weed and soaking up SO much like a dry sponge. On a daily basis she is saying at least 3-4 new words. She loves stars, playing in her big girl room, sitting on her potty (with clothes on), brushing her teeth, and coming up to me and saying "Hi Mama" with the cutest little smile on her face. We say Hi to each other back and forth and then off she goes to play. She loves to go in the car and asks to go places all the time, especially Target (that's my girl!) - she points to the moon and talks to us about it and then as soon as we are inside she asks, "Where moon?" She knows when Aaron leaves that "he go work" or if he is at Skyler's "he go bye bye". She sleeps in her big girl bed all night and on occasion gets to sleep in our bed just because we miss her. We are continually amazed by this little girl we have created and love every second with her.
FIVE: Randomness
The other day on my way to the store I checked the mail and was pleasantly surprised to find a small package. I figured it was a small gift for my birthday this upcoming week so when I opened it to find some Friends coffee and a just because note from my sister in law, Julie. I was floored! She is one of the most thoughtful people I know and I love her little surprises! I got a birthday package from my parents who also included the coffee (2 packages) and I don't think I will be able to drink it all.. thankfully they can be store in the freezer until I need them.
I went on a run the other night and it felt amazing. I am really hoping that once the craziness dies down that I can pick up my regular work out routine. Because I am so active at practices - I am getting a good workout there. I like to show examples, help the girls with technique and just be doing things at practices so I am hardly ever just standing the whole time. Plus, I am always up moving around my classroom during the day.







No comments:
Post a Comment