Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Stories Week 15

I'm surprised I am able to sit here, sip on my coffee, watch Friends on my split screen, and enjoy writing this blog post. Most Sundays, I am swamped by lesson planning and trying to squeeze everything in - but today, I can easily say that I am finished with all of my lessons FOR THE WEEK!
Yes, I am actually a week ahead this time. I don't think I have ever done that unless I have had a sub lined up for the week - which rarely happens.


Last week, my week started out normal. Monday, we had a game and I was super excited. Coaching has brought out another piece of me that I feel was missing. I loved coaching soccer at the high school level and then at the U13 level as well. It was so fun and fulfilling to know that you are helping other young ladies create memories and just have fun. I started my morning out with a Human Bean coffee - I have actually stopped getting coffee as much, and drinking it all together. So, I got a granita, which is like a frap! 
We had another game on Tuesday and it made me realize just HOW far we need to reach these ladies in their softball skills. I vowed to make the rest of the week very meaningful and instructional at practices considering I was running most of them now-a-days.
Starting on Wednesday, my students were testing for the SBAC at school - which meant I had NO kids in my class for the majority of the day. Of course, when they finished, they came into the room but there was barely any instruction going on because of it. This lead me to organizing and planning for this upcoming week. Because of my games next week, all 4 of them, I will have to have a sub on Tuesday afternoon and need to leave pretty quickly on Monday and Thursday. Also, we travel Mon-Wed so I will be home super late. 

My birthday on Thursday started out great. I had a great start to the morning and dropped Brinnley off at daycare. Aaron was in Vegas still for Skyler's bachelor party and would be home later in the day. I was tempted to stop at The Human Bean to treat myself to a drink, but since I had done it the day before with a great big infused Rockstart, I thought I shouldn't. It's a good thing I didn't because once the admin asst. came into work, she had a great big surprise from me! 
My co-teacher for 3rd grade, who was actually gone for the day, had arranged for the admin asst to pick up a great big treat for me at my favorite place! I got banana bread, a big bag of chocolate covered coffee beans, and a yummy infused Rockstar that I am still not sure the taste of, it was coco-nutty, but I'm not sure where the green came from! It was such a great surprise and I had a huge smile on my face!

As I made my rounds across the school, like I usually do when I am super prepared (which I was since I had no lessons planned because of SBAC), my co-worker and great friend, had a treat for me as well! I think my co-workers know me pretty well by now...
My students brought me treats as well when they came walking in. One girl brought me some fresh picked tulips, and I totally wanted to cry. Tulips are my favorite and I know I have never said that out loud to my students, but I know she did it from her heart without knowing. These kids, even though they drive me nuts sometimes, are the sweetest as well! 
I got some great birthday texts from people and enjoyed a very quiet morning to myself. 
Aaron was home when I got home from practice and picking up Brinnley. She hadn't been feeling well the last few days and so we didn't want to push going out to dinner or anything and make it worse. We have plans for my "birthday" trip for some other day. I had already told Aaron that I didn't want anything from him - what I wanted was a family night to the mall so I could spend my Sephora gift card, get a piece of cheesecake, and perhaps buy a new pair of skinny capris from American Eagle. I don't need extravagant gifts from my husband to know that he cares - I would rather have memories and moments with him and my daughter. 
With me turning 29, which by the way, seems SO old to my students and even my TA from the high school, apparently I look about 23-24, which I will take ANY day and for AS LONG as I can - the discussion of adding a sibling to the family is becoming more and more frequent. We hope that things will fall into place when they are meant to and would be over the moon for another gift for our sweet family. 

Friday came along, and after running practice yet again - but this time because I was the only one there, I came home to Aaron and Brinnley waiting for me. We went to grab some Burger King for dinner and then got out of the house and walked around WalMart for a bit. Aaron was telling me all about his trip to Vegas and I just knew I wasn't feeling well. We went home and poof - I was bedridden. Aaron went to get me some medicine and I spent the night in and out of bed. I woke up entirely weak and not sure how I would get through the days activities. I took a hot bath hoping it would help my achy body and then Brinnley and I napped until I absolutely had to get ready for the afternoon.
Aaron's best friend, Skyler, was getting married to his longti
me girlfriend and I mean longtime as in longer than Aaron and I have been together!
Aaron had already left because he was the best man and helped set up. I was feeling a little better once we got there - thankfully, Aaron's dad rode with me and he was able to leave and take my car with Brinnley who was a little overwhelmed and fussy home early and Aaron and I enjoyed a great adult evening. I loved being able to keep all my attention on my husband and not have a wondering eye looking and thinking about Brinnley. I knew she was in good hands but I also knew I needed that time with Aaron.

Before that afternoon, I had never seen him personally in a suit. I had also never danced with him. Yes, we were married - but it was a lot more casual and not a normal reception. I was so excited about seeing my husband after he was gone for a few days that they definitely did not turn me down. My husband has the sweetest heart and laugh, but let's face it - my attraction to him is not all what's inside! He is a very handsome man and I loved staring at him all evening without anything stopping me!


We got home to a very excited little girl and spent the rest of the evening together as a family! 
Today, we have some grocery shopping, church with Papa while Aaron is at work, and a very relaxing evening for Brinnley and I! I am hoping to get my plants put out in my garden today because they are growing so fast in front of my window!!

No comments: