Sunday, July 15, 2012

Time Together



A few months ago I picked a random weekend to request off for Aaron and myself. This weekend was our 4 day weekend to spend with each other. All of last week we tried to think of something we wanted to do or somewhere to go. Aaron was set on going to the Oregon Coast. He loves that place - I asked him why and he explained about his experience between seeing the California Coast and the Oregon Coast and liked Oregon better. Also, he said it was our first real vacation together and he loved it! :) Of course, I wasn't too thrilled about being in the car for a long time and having to deal with my upset tummy the whole time. I didn't want to be camping because The Kid has a tendency to make me get up a few times a night to go pee and I didn't want to go out in the darkness to go each and everytime to do so! (Aaron offered that he would wake up each time to go with me.. but we both know how that would have turned out! haha). We looked and looked for hotels but with it being the IN season right now, things were just too pricey for us at the moment and we wanted to put more into savings anyway. So, we opted to stay home.
Lately, I haven't been the best person to live with and Aaron has been completely understanding of my laziness and fatigue and my constant upset stomach.

But, Friday morning rolled around and for some reason we were up by 8am. We decided to get up and go to Ann Morrison Park before everyone else to play some disc golf - Aaron's love! He goes quite a bit in Nampa to play but Ann Morrison is larger and more difficult. He's pretty awesome at it and I go every once in awhile with him! My only request, a Starbucks stop first! I don't have very much caffeine lately, sometimes not at all I don't feel like drinking coffee in the mornings and when I do drink soda it is usually Sprite or something caffeine free. Aaron even gets caffeine free stuff as well so I can share with him I was expecting to get major headaches from withdrawl, but alas none have come my way! But, Starbucks was calling my name so we stopped in Meridian on our way and what do you know, I got my drink for free because we waited just a tad long in the drive-thru! We didn't even notice because we were chatting, but I took it no problem! :)


I did do a bit of sitting and skipped throwing a few holes because I got pretty tired and plus, throwing hurt my sore boobs!! Aaron enjoyed playing with the geese and unfortunately he lost a disc in the water - since it was early in the morning we had to drudge through some wet grass from the sprinklers so Aaron didn't feel like going to retrieve his disc like he normally would have. Now he just has an excuse to go buy a new one :)



Mine was the pink one!


This was our favorite hole - I took a picture of the end but it's too hard to see. It has special meaning to us for more than one reason :)




No comments: