Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fast cars and freedom! (17 Weeks!)

The weeks seem to be going by so quickly! On Tuesday I will be 18 weeks and only 1 week away from finding out if little Bauer will be a boy or girl!! :) We are so excited!! My tummy has really started to pop out and it's harder to hide from my kiddos.. luckily none of them have said anything, yet! I take a picture every chance I get so I can keep track of how it's growing!

I have been painting pictures frames and other things in this pretty blue color to put up for the baby room once we get moved in a few months. It's a bright blue and even if we are having a girl I can add some pink to them or the room to girly it up! :)









In other news.. I am now officially not a homeowner! Why would this be great news?! Because that means I do not own a home I do not live in! My ex was able to refinance the house we bought before our divorce so I am no longer on that huge mortgage.. It's so exciting to finally be free from my past even though I have felt free for quite some time but legally I am now free! Aaron will soon be able to say the same thing and by the end of next year we will be homeowners (that's the plan at least!) We could probably buy a house in the next few months, give or take, but we do not want to rush it especially with the baby coming and we want to make sure we do it right.
I no longer have to have this worry in the back of my mind that something unexpected could happen and I would be stuck with a huge house with a huge payment that I don't want. It also means that I have no more ties with my past and those years are behind me.
Thankfully, I have been able to move on peacfully and am not one of those people who constantly brings up my past and pin excuses on other people for my actions, feelings, or obstacles with other people in my life. I am able to take responsibility for my life and how I live it without blaming a person I was with over 2 years ago for how I feel about something.
My relationship with Aaron has been about us and only us from the beginning.We don't bring up things from the past or throw certain negatives in each other faces during an argument. We understand each other and know that our love is special and only ours. We have grown together and are enjoying our lives as they continue to change and grow into a family!


Well, I got the freedom part down and now onto the fast cars! Aaron recently sold his old junky car and we needed to get another one. We were looking into a truck but couldn't find one we had to have or that fit our needs so we turned to a full size sedan because of course, my husband is a giant and need lots of room! We found a 2006 Ford Fusion and just love it! Tinted windows, 6CD changer, sweet interior, and only 50K miles on it, it is almost brand new looking. Aaron has been driving it a little bit since we found a nail in the tire just to be sure that when it was taken out the tire would hold up, but starting Monday I will begin driving it full-time to work so we can keep the miles down on the Nissan. It will be our 'main' vehicle for a bit and we may end up selling the Nissan after we buy a house so we can get Aaron his truck!

This is the only picture I have and I took it from our bedroom window... let's face it, I'm pregnant and didn't want to walk downstairs just to forget what I walked down there for! You get the jist of it anyway!!


 

1 comment:

Sar said...

Sounds like things are perfect, Steph! I am sooo glad that things are going well for you; you totally deserve it.

Love you and been thinking about you a ton!