Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Projects

My weekends are usually used for resting and well, working. Being a first year teacher I have almost no supplies. Literally, I make new things each week (I blame Pinterest) for my kiddos to use in the classroom instead of just the boring block manipulatives and worksheets. First graders need to change activities quite often so I am constantly thinking of new things.. but then that requires creating them or finding them. In the end, this takes up a bulk of my weekend!

The before...
The after... 















Last weekend, Aaron finally decided to purchase a TV for our bedroom. We sold our previous one to his brother a few months ago and have been using the laptop to watch anything on it in our room. Anyone who knows a Bauer knows that they love to fall asleep to something. He had been searching and he finally agreed to just get one for upstairs instead of replacing the downstairs TV and then moving that huge one upstairs (Thank goodness.. a 46" TV in our bedroom?! No thanks!). We went to several different places to price shop and we lucked out at Best Buy when I noticed a few boxes in topstock. The TV itself wasn't displayed anywhere so we asked a saleswoman (after searching for one..) and she looked it up saying it was brand new and that was probably the reason we didn't see it anywhere. It was everything that we (er, Aaron) was looking for and I thought it would be out of our price range.. but luckily, it was actually UNDER by $100!! We were excited and didn't even hesitate to purchase it right there. She almost tried to charge us $50 more because it rang up wrong in the system than what she had told us, but with my cashier/retail experience I knew she would be changing it or losing a sale very quickly!! We brought it home and had to do some much needed cleaning... good thing I am starting to nest and didn't mind! I finished up organizing my things underneath as well just yesterday. With me working on projects all weekend the printer is on the ground for now so it was easier to use for copying! :)


Did I mention that we bought me (or us..) new pots and pans?! We were tired of what we had (old hand me downs) and really needed them. I am starting, starting I said, to cook a bit more since I am home each night and really wanted something nice and something that will last us a long time! I was originally going to ask for them for Christmas but there was a sweet deal at Target the same day Aaron got his new TV so we just splurged a bit! :)



This is just a small portion of what I did this weekend.. and I'm not even finished! I need to laminate about 4 full ziploc baggies full of things so the kiddos don't destroy them. I went looking for a home laminator to make my life easier but they are too much and come with little supplies so you have to spend even MORE to start out with. I found this perfect one on Amazon.com for an amazing price (about $30 including shipping..) but just haven't pushed the OK button since I spent money on my supplies and actually won't be getting to use it for these items. Maybe I will cave in with my next project go around.. but I will be getting it (did I mention the laminator by a brand called, Purple Cow, and it is partially purple?! I think it's fate..)

No comments: