How did I let it go? How could I become so unorganized? Well, that didn't change. But towards the end of my 2nd week and the beginning of my 3rd, help arrived! Now, I am very bad at asking for help. I blame my mother for that trait :) I like to do things on my own and if I am struggling I just find a way. I don't ask for help hardly ever. But then again I am used to being at a job where I know pretty much everything and if I didn't know something it would be a simple question where I knew what answer to expect. In my new job as a teacher of 21 kiddos.. it wasn't that simple. My students were tested and their benchmarks came in for their reading levels. Later that day, our intevention teacher came in and said I was wanted in the principals office. I immediately was worried and she reassured me that I was not in trouble and just needed to talk to him.
Once they entered my classroom I could breathe again. Lynn helped me build a few solid lessons I could work off of to continue throughout the year and she is even model teaching the first Science Unit so I can observe how this school is expected to deliver the lessons. Last week was amazing and having other adults in the room keeps me sane. They aren't always in there as they need to leave throughout the day but they are quickly becoming close friends to me. Lynn will only be in my room another week but her help has given me more confidence and more guidance that I could ever have imagined having at this point.
I wake up for work around 5:15 and leave the house anywhere between 6:15-6:30 to get to work before or by 7am. School doesn't start until 8am but I like to have the time in the morning to prepare copies and anything for the day. I had just been planning day by day but have some if not most of next week planned out.. it's exhausting and I have a long way to go. I work when I get home around 4:30 each day and even spent a few hours this morning working before starting to watch football but it is needed. I don't know any teacher who does not work once they leave the school! I have my awesome planner that keeps me organized and helps me plan my week out.. I don't know what I would do without it and my sharp pencil each day!
Bedtime isn't a struggle anymore... 8:30pm rolls around and I'm ready to lay down and start snoring!
I wouldn't trade it for anything though...especially with my supportive husband home with me at night and on the weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment