Aaron and I are all to familiar with hiccups. And no, I'm not talking about the hiccups you get when you eat or drink too fast, or the hiccups our baby girl gets daily and got daily while in utero.
I'm talking about hiccups in life. Hiccups that try to derail you from your dreams, wishes, and life in general.
We have experienced these types of hiccups since we started dating. If it wasn't my ex thinking he was "entitled" to everything during our divorce, to Aaron's ex throwing him under the bus with her debt, to grad school loans and time, moving multiple times while being screwed over with our lack of return from our "deposits", I think Aaron and I have had our share of hiccups. And those aren't even half of our hiccups.
We know the drill. And the moment we think things will be easy when dealing with certain things or people, something comes up, a hiccup, to try and knock us down and derail us from our dreams.
But let me tell you this. It hasn't derailed us. It hasn't even come close. We may be doing things at a slower pace than we would have hoped for or doing things way different than our original plan we had imagined and discussed when we started dating, got married, and started a family. But we have stuck through the hiccups and will continue to do so.
Hopefully, this next week and hopefully the next month, will be our last hiccup with a certain situation and then we will be forever cleared of ever, ever, ever, having any sort of hiccup pertaining to this circumstance. For now, I would like to believe that is true. But one can only hope, right? And from what I have seen.. nothing goes as you planned it.
I do know that we will be living in a house. Our very own house. We will be a family and we will be together with our baby girl who brings so much joy and happiness into our lives every single second of the day. She brings hiccups as well, but I like to think of these hiccups as the journey through parenthood. I know there will be many more hiccups as she continues to grow, but we are a family, the 3 of us, and we will conquer the hiccups together as one.
On to other notes...

Brinnley is growing, and fast! She is starting to become more interested in things around her and she loves to grab onto things. She chats up a storm, mainly in the mornings, non-stop, and today.. she rolled from back to belly for the first time! She is almost 4 months old and is always so happy. She hardly cries.. only when she is hungry and even when she gets sleepy - she starts to moan and rub her eyes. She loves to cuddle with mommy - she will just lay on my chest and stare at me forever until she finally passes out. We are "training" her to hold her own bottle. She tries to reach for it now and we bought her a bottle with handles on it. The only downfall.. she thinks it is a toy and takes forever to eat! We can tell she is right hand dominant already considering she holds her bottle strongest with that hand and something it goes out of control because it is so much stronger than her left hand. She is our little princess and lights up whenever she sees us!









No comments:
Post a Comment