Monday, June 10, 2013

No, she doesn't sleep through the night

I don't know why, but for some reason I always get asked the same question about my baby girl, 
"Does she sleep through the night?" 
I don't know why it always seems to come up.. and let me tell you I am tired of it This little gorgeous beauty has slept through the night about as many times as the fingers I have on one of my hands. Does that matter? Do I care? 

No. 

It has become routine for me to get up  at certain hours of the night, usually around midnight, 3am, and then again at 6am. If for some reason she skips the midnight feed/wake up, my body wakes up instinctively around 3am anyway and I feel completely rested. That long stretch of sleep is so long and my body isn't used to it so I feel completely weird and even a little groggy like I overslept! It doesn't matter anymore. Even while I was working, I was just fine. It has taken me awhile to get used to little sleep but I am still able to function just fine. Sure, there are days where I don't shower because I am literally too exhausted to shower on top of everything else that is going on, but hey - who cares! 


 This is our life - I am sure it will pass and she will start to sleep longer stretches, but until it becomes an issue for her I won't worry about it. She has her own little schedule for her naps during the day and sometimes, on the days where I know she didn't sleep well at night or she woke up too early, she takes a longer morning nap. If her morning nap is super short, her next nap will be longer. She usually takes a few catnaps towards the end of the day to help fuel her to bedtime, but this is her norm. She has her schedule and although I have tired to incorporate the schedule below... there is no way this baby is going to let anyone tell her what to do!
Our daughter is happy.

She is a very spastic little one who can't seem to sit still for very long at all unless she is tired. She loves to chat and touch our faces. She can roll over both ways, she loves to stand, and she has the most adorable rolls I have ever seen! She loves to smile for everyone but as soon as you put a camera (or my phone) in front of her to take a picture she becomes mesmerized and stares at you! She is the joy and happiness in our lives and no, she doesn't sleep through the night. 
Our daughter is happy. 


1 comment:

Lauren Peters Blog said...

I also hate this question and feel myself getting more and more frustrated whenever its asked. Camden has slept through the night once, and we're trying to help him make progress in achieving that more often :) For now, I'm trying to enjoy the extra, early-morning snuggles.

You are doing great, mama!