Monday, August 12, 2013

Best Friends

Do you have someone in your life who is the one person (besides your significant other) that just gets you and you are so comfortable around? I know some people may have a handful of these type of people in their lives. But me, I have one. This girl right here: Jami. 
Rewind to July of 2008. I had just been offered a job at Sports Authority in Beaverton, OR. It wasn't exactly ideal, but it was a job and I needed one. I was new in town, although I had gone to school in Portland which is about 20 minutes away, Beaverton was a whole new experience. 
My first day of work I trained with Jami. It didn't take long for us to get along. We are very much the same person in similar bodies. haha. We think, talk, and act the same. Our minds are so alike it's crazy! She is a few years younger than me but it didn't matter. 

I only spent a year in Beaverton before moving to Idaho in June of 2009. When I moved, Jami and I lost touch. She had a young boy and our lives just got busy. Just because we lost touch, doesn't mean our friendship got lost in the mix as well. I went back to Portland for soccer reasons and she was the main person I made plans to see. It didn't matter what we did or how long we had in between our meetings, we picked right back up from where we left off!
When I made the decision to venture back to Portland for my alumni game this last week, Jami was one of the first people I told about it. I knew it would be hard to plan something with her - that's just how it goes :) But I was prepared to do whatever I had to to see her, and vice versa. It panned out that breakfast on Sunday morning before we left to come back home was what worked. It was so amazing to see this girl and I didn't realize how much I missed her and having someone like her around in my life on a daily basis. This girl is like my other half, my sister, and my best friend in the world. I don't know how I survive without her so close to me - but seeing her again made me realize how much more I need her around. I don't have many girlfriends who I get along with all the time. I have always been able to get along with the male species better than the females - and finding that girlfriend who I can be 100% completely myself has not always been easy in my life. Yes, I have close friends who I enjoy and can be around - but to be able to say, think, do, and express myself and know that I won't feel awkward or anything like that is very rare - Jami is that one person who understands me and knows me (besides my amazing hubby of course!). 
 I am already trying to figure out how, when, and where I can see her again! 
I know that if the opportunity ever arises for us to move back to the west coast, I would jump on it in an instance no doubt about it!

No comments: