Early in the summer I decided to join a local mom group through meetup.com. I wanted to find moms around y age, with little kiddos around Brinnley's age as well. I went to a few meetups when I could, which wasn't often. I connected with another mom and we ended up meeting at Flying M for coffee just to meet and chat. We talked for awhile and I realized she had 2 little boys and was my little sisters age!! Craziness.
Fast forward to a meetup where we ended up meeting again. We hit it off and have quite a bit in common and our outlook in life and personalities mesh so well. We walked on the greenbelt with her boys and just got to know each other some more. It was like we were friends already just lost touch for a little while. It was nice to have a mom friend to talk about all things mommy hood.
After a few more "dates" we had our hubbies meet for a whole family dinner night at Pizza Guy. It was awesome and we closed the place down. Our hubbies got along and it was so easy and comfortable. As couples, we enjoy the same things and I can see us going on many more double dates!
I mentioned the Spirit Of Boise to Erika during dinner and we discussed possibly going. Thursday night she texted me saying she could go but only on Friday night to the Nite Glow. I thought she meant we would all go on another double date.. But it ended up just being a girls night! We had a blast navigating through the huge crowd, eating crappy food, watching the balloons light up but not take off like we thought, and hanging out in downtown together! I love that I found a friend locally (literally she lives 2 miles away) and our kiddos can play together while we hang out too. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment