Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Stories: Back to School/Work

According to my mom, I suck at blogging. It's true. July was a busy month for us as a family. So, as I sip on my hot chocolate before getting ready for church - here is an update on our summer vacations.


We went on our family vacation to the Oregon Coast for a few nights, then drove up to Seattle for another couple nights. We were gone for about a week and had a blast.
We enjoyed being almost completely unplugged, being just the 3 of us, and having no plans at all. We had ideas about what we wanted to do - but we just got there and planned when we woke up. It was awesome. Here's a bit of a photo dump, even though I have them on Facebook already!

We stopped at Multnomah Falls (Brinnley LOVED it!), ate at Moe's a handful of times, went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, Sea Lion Caves, Lincoln City, Tillamook, Seaside, Astoria, Florence, a huge lighthouse, and had such a great time!













After getting home, we relaxed for a week and then geared up for the next vacation that was more for a work trip. Brinnley stayed in Boise with my sister-in-law and I flew to Las Vegas while Aaron drove to meet me there. I was in classes most of the day and once I was done, Aaron and I explored all night! We walked to Circus Circus to ride a rollercoaster, went to the Excalibur to see Tournament of the Kings, and had a great time just the 2 of us. It was nice to do things that would normally be tough with a 2.5 year old. We laughed, held hands, and just were US together. We missed Brinnley terribly, but knew that this was the perfect opportunity to be together just us before we bring another little one into this world! Of course, when it's just Aaron and I, we don't take any pictures! :) We enjoyed just being together!

Before we left for the coast, we took Brinnley to see Minions. We went during the day and she loved it. She got a little restless a few times and would go to the stairs to climb a bit, but she's a toddler, what do you expect?! 




No comments: