I'm telling ya.. whoever said the 2nd trimester was so glamorous and amazing was just full of crap! I am uncomfortable about 80% of the day and this morning I put on my favorite nice pants and they were wayyyy too tight to wear around in public! Thankfully the belly band is my friend and I haven't had to spend money on new clothes... yet. I have a feeling that I will be to in about a month or so, but I don't want to spend money if I really don't need to! I am glad that I will be at my biggest in the winter so I can buddle up in sweaters and sweatshirts but part of me wants to wear skirts with elastic bands all the time.. I guess that's why they make leggings/leg warmers...
ugh.
Let's just hope this princess of ours is a little easier once she graces us with her presence! I had to go out and buy a new bra because the ones I have (including the newest one I bought not too long ago) are too small! I have grown 2 sizes and luckily I was that size before I met Aaron (and then shrank because of the weight I lost...) so I had some that fit me but they are getting too tight around. Everything seems to be growing :( I think I have gained about 10 pounds altogether and it's mostly in my thighs and butt (and belly of course!). Thankfully I don't think it's in my face. I was very small and probably underweight before so I don't mind a little more meat on me. Back in college when I was in the best shape of my life playing soccer every day of the week I weighed about 135 and I think the lowest I have been in the most recent 3 years is about 100 pounds! That's way too small so maybe this is good for me.. I guess it's good for the baby, too!
Luckily, again, I don't have any stretch marks and the main complaints about my pregnancy are just the uncomfortable nights - I have always been a belly and back sleeper - now, that's just impossible and very hard to adjust a 26 year habit.. and then just the stretching and bloating of my belly that is not something I am used to!
Aaron tells me all the time that he can notice my belly getting bigger. I love when he smiles and looks at my belly and tells me how excited he is about our princess. He gets so sappy sometimes and it just tells me how much he will melt with our little girl in his arms..
he truly is a wonderful and loving man who will make an absolutely amazing father in just 4 short months!
No comments:
Post a Comment