I never knew what sleep deprivation was until miss Brinnley arrived into our lives. She don't really start affecting our, or should I say, MY sleep until the last 2 months or so. After our visit to my parents, she got thrown off quite a bit in the sleeping department. We started to sleep train her after a week of pretty miserable sleep for all of us.
She is able to go to sleep on her own (for the most part) and we are still working on during the night.
Scratch that.
We have decided to kinda skip out on the sleep training thing. Well, somewhat. We have established a bedtime routine for Brinnley and she does pretty well during this time. She is used to going to sleep around the same time and when she is taking her bedtime bottle she tends to drift off or get really sleepy and therefore is easy to put down for the night. Sometimes she struggles, cries, screams, and eventually if she doesn't go down after 30 minutes of that we pick her up and BOOM she passes out. It's almost like she just needs that mommy/daddy contact to put her over the edge into dream world.
The night times are getting a little better. She has her times where she wakes up 1 time to eat, and other times where it can be 2 or 3 times. But it is getting better.
The other night, she let this mommy get a stretch of 5 hours worth of sleep. It was absolutely amazing and I felt like a new woman!
Aaron and I both agree that we are going to take these moments to snuggle our daughter and love her. She is only going to be sleeping in our room until we can finish her room.. and by finish I mean, get storage out of there, paint it, shampoo the carpets (again!), and set it all up to be an actual baby room.. it may be a little while since we have so many other projects that we need to get done.
And if that is the case and she stays in our room, well, then she will wake up sometimes and we will make do. Last night, she did sleep ALL night from 7pm until 4am! It was quite amazing and even though I still woke up a few times since I am so used to it, we sure were proud of our little girl.

1 comment:
I'm glad you guys are doing what's best for your family! It's funny how that little bit of mama/daddy contact is all they need sometimes.
Even though I'm half zombie during our consistent 4am(ish) feedings, I remind myself to treasure the baby snuggles and smells while I can.
Post a Comment