Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dear Summer 2011...

You continue to amaze me with just how awesome you have been to me this year!

I played in a co-ed softball game today! Aaron's friend, Skylar, is on a team and needed another girl to play.. so I hopped over to work and bought a glove [I used to have one but somewhere between high school and now, my sister lost it! booo] and then headed over to the field. Our team was a complete mess!! Not everyone had a glove to use so we had to borrow some from the other team until we could find some.. and well,

we got creamed!!

  We basically got mercy runned.. they scored 15 runs on us and I don't think we got a player past 2nd base! I only got up to bat 1 time and Aaron wasn't there to see it! BUT, I did help turn a double play and got a couple people out when I played 2nd base like the good ole days! Aaron got off work early to come and watch me play and anyone that knows Aaron understands that baseball/softball is his most hated sport, ever. He really hates it and thinks it's stupid [yeah, I know!] But of course since he is just amazing and wonderful, he came to support me. And my bestest friend Bobbie Jo [above] came to watch, too!! :)  And well, I'm gonna play on the team the rest of the season.. so come Monday I'm back at it! :)

No comments: