I LOVE this weekly post that Jesslyn does on her blog so I like to copy it (even though it's for Saturday and today is Sunday!) I haven't had the most time lately to blog... oh well!
[one]
Seeing my friends.
I have met some of my best friends the first few months of grad school and with all of us having such busy schedules we don't have a chance to see each other outside of school. Natalie went to China for 3 weeks and Katie has been traveling around for the month of August -- so when class starts back up next week I will be seeing them once a week (at least!) until May of next year! I'm so excited! (Oh, did I mention that Natatlie and myself are doing our student teaching assignments at the same school...)
[two]
Being busy!
Class is only once a week, but with my Reading endorsement I am including I have extra classes on top of my regular one so I constantly have homework each night of the week (mostly..) so I am always doing something. This past month I have been pretty bored (but relaxed!) so I am looking forward to getting past this lazy stage of mine!
[three]
Student Teaching.
Starting in November I will be in the classroom doing practicum hours (kinda like an internship..) fulltime! I cannot wait to be in a classroom on a daily basis. I may complain about having to get up early in the morning and how busy and crazy my life will be during this time, but it is all helping me work towards something that I love love love! I won't mind having to wake up early because each day I will be going to do something that I love to do!!
[four]
Less work! (Kinda...)
Since I will be doing my student teaching I will have to work less at my current retail job!!! I love this!! Even though I will be working still about 25-30 hours, it will only be for a few hours each night and on the weekends... I really dislike my job and I believe it makes me completely grumpy and cranky each day so getting time away from that place will hopefully keep me in a happy place! :)
[five]
Aaron time
When I have to do homework for school I usually let Aaron know that I have to work and be left alone for a bit.. this usually turns into his video game time. It's probably a pretty weird scene in our living room.. we like to just be by each other whenever we can so he will be sitting either next to me or in front of me playing his video game while I'm on the couch with my laptop and books spread about not even paying attention to his games! It really helps me focus for some reason when he plays his games because I have no interest in them so I can just ignore them! haha
[six]
Dinner!
Since we have a co-hort community type class and only meet once a week, we take turns providing dinner each week. I'm pretty sure I have tried more food during class than I have ventured out to try myself... people have interesting tastes and although sometimes it gives me a tummy ache it really is nice to know that I can just go to class and have a nice meal while spending time with some of my best friends!
[seven]
Shopping!
Since I will be in the classroom full-time starting in November I need to make sure I look teacher like... so that means, shoppping!!!!!!!!!! :) Need I say more?!

No comments:
Post a Comment